Looks like some good stuff.
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    We are. Almost solely for Ted Lasso and it’s worth it
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Signed up a couple year ago for Ted lasso, have actually found quite a number of shows that we really like. Severance is one of the best sci-fis in recent memory. We really like shrinking, servant, schmigadoon, first season of the morning show, prehistoric planet, and probably a few others in forgetting about. Just started Silo and so far it’s really good. Definitely worth a month or two at least. I’ve never really been tempted to cancel it fwiw…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Our son gave us the Apple TV+ setup for Christmas, we like it so far.

Watch "For All Mankind." It's about the space program going to the moon. However in this one the Russians land on the moon first. It's a great series.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    Options
    It”s excellent. It’s also one of the cheapest around, with long trial periods if you buy an Apple device.

If you haven’t recently bought a device, the trial for Apple One is one month, instead of just a week. That can include all services, or just a selection, from Apple Music, Apple Arcade, iCloud+, Apple News+, and workouts on an Apple Watch.

We’ve had a family subscription to Apple One for years now, and it makes getting new iPhones, iPads or Macs super easy. No backup even needed for setup. The way that storage optimisation works means that we have more than 12 devices using just 230GB of 2TB of storage.

That’s probably more than you want to sign up for, with your Nvidia Shield, but it will get you the one month trial, which is worth it.

I haven’t seen all of the shows mentioned above, but I’ve seen several, and they are well worth it. Ted Lasso is one of the best shows anywhere in a very long time. The movie Finch is a bit of an unconventional SciFi post apocalyptic movie, but it’s worth the watch IMHO, especially during a free trial.

You can also link other subscriptions, sometimes listed under “channels”, such as Paramount+ and BritBox, Disney+, F1 TV and others, so they are all accessible in one place. This feature will work differently if you’re not actually using an Apple TV device, however.
    Alea jacta est!
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    I’d recommend Severance on Apple TV+. Really enjoyed that show. Other than that, during the trial we watched Ted Lasso, which was pretty good but a little too cheesy for me to continue with after season 1… I definitely understand why people like it though, and have a lot of family members who are more into it. Will definitely renew the service for a bit at some point in the future and see what other shows they have.

Appreciate the Apple One tip for a free month, that’s a good one.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    First 2 seasons of Ted Lasso were great - 3rd season has been un-watchable though:-(
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
  • daddyjt
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Why's that?

Quite simply, they embraced the woke messaging.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Why's that?

You sound like my grumpy father in law 😂😂😂
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • stangman67
    edited May 2023
    Options
    “They embraced the woke messaging” because there is a storyline about a g a y player and a relationship between two women? And that makes the show unwatchable? Yikes, I feel sorry for you.

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    Options
    Also the work g a y is censored? Wow

• daddyjt
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    “They embraced the woke messaging” because there is a storyline about a g a y player and a relationship between two women? And that makes the show unwatchable? Yikes, I feel sorry for you.

It has NOTHING to do with that.

Honestly, if I have to explain it to you, you won’t understand it…

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Why's that?

You sound like my grumpy father in law 😂😂😂

I’ll take that as a compliment;-)

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I agree about Ted Lasso season 3 not being as good as the first two seasons. Nothing to do with "woke". There are some good episodes but many of them are drawn out too long. Lots of filler, imo.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    Can't beat it for $7 a month. I'm gonna check it out for the exclusives, and see where I end up after. It's getting to the point where it just makes sense to add/remove channels/services as needed. It's a little bit like the cable tv model, where not every service has everything you'd like to see, so you end up with different packages in a sense. What's the point? might as well have cable. but wait - we do not yet have to commit to a long term subscription.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I finally dropped cable (Frontier Triple Play) and saved us $150 a month. Now have YouTube, Prime, Netflix, Paramount and Apple+ TV.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I agree about Ted Lasso season 3 not being as good as the first two seasons. Nothing to do with "woke". There are some good episodes but many of them are drawn out too long. Lots of filler, imo.

Not surprised. A lot of shows run out of new ideas for consistently good scripts but get renewed anyway. The show Lost was a prime example.