R700 Question

Options
Just setup my new R700's and am concerned. Wondering what my recourse is. Take a look at the pics below. One of the tweeters looks like it was either damaged, or it's a manufacturing defect. The tip of the point is bent upwards. I had done my research and read about other's who warned of being careful while moving, unboxing, etc. I was incredibly careful so I'm certain it was not something I did while setting them up. I also picked them up at UPS as I didn't want to wait for them to schedule (it was going to be another day or two). Point being, I inspected the boxes carefully and helped load them off the pallet into my rig. What is my recourse here? These were bought new from Crutchfield.
cp6c6qmjzh2k.jpg
nby5fsnqdrkk.jpg

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Call Crutchfield and they'll take care of the problem to your satisfaction. Most likely they'll ship out a replacement speaker the same day once they do a return authorization and send you a shipping label for the return.

The returned speaker will most likely end up as a scratch and dent model they'll sell at a discount or open box if they have someone replace the tweeter with a new one.