old interconnect cable

Options
gday,
I got a pair of L SDA 1A and of course the interconnect cable gone missing....
anyone can point me in the right direction where to find one ?
thankyou in advance

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    The L means left channel. The other speaker should be marked with an R. If not, you have two left channel speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The L means left channel. The other speaker should be marked with an R. If not, you have two left channel speakers.

He's in Australia. L means right channel and R means left channel.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • OldCrow
    OldCrow Posts: 31
    Options
    According to the SDA handbook, SDA 1A's use the blade/blade interconnect cable. I own 1A's. Midwest Speaker Repair sells a blade/blade replacement. I bought one for a spare, works great.
    Again per the handbook, SDA 1B's also use blade/blade. However, a friend has 1B's and they use a pin/blade. I have read stories of the last models of one generation getting some of the changes of the next generation. I have not found a source for a new pin/blade cable. eBay or another forum member.
    Good luck!

4crqdmfsikg5.png
    amkjtykhitn5.png
    k92ir6jj6sic.png
    ijzho1eitl7q.png

Current system: SDA-SRS, Carver Crimson 275 amp, 10 Octave LP-1R preamp
    Previous system: SDA-1, Carver M-1.5t amp, Adcom GFP-1A preamp
    I listen better than I used to, but I don't hear as well.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    You'll need to make your own by grinding off the ground petals of RCA ends or go to speakon connectors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164278009286
  • F1nut
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I suspect your friend has the 1C as Polk never made the 1B with a pin/blade socket/cable. In fact, the early 1C had the blade/blade socket/cable because the pin/blade had yet to be made.

If his have the pedestal base they are the Studio version of the 1C.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• OldCrow
    OldCrow Posts: 31
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I stand corrected, F1. I checked with my friend and his 1Bs are indeed blade blade. Yet another reason not to trust my memory. And these reasons are starting to pile up... really puts the Old in Crow.
    Current system: SDA-SRS, Carver Crimson 275 amp, 10 Octave LP-1R preamp
    Previous system: SDA-1, Carver M-1.5t amp, Adcom GFP-1A preamp
    I listen better than I used to, but I don't hear as well.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Ok, that's settled.

President of Club Polk