The gator took my leg......

Options
NotaSuv
NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
A man lost part of his leg Friday in an alligator attack at an RV park in Florida, officials said

Brevard County Fire Rescue officials said the 72-year-old man's leg was "amputated" by the gator below his right knee, CBS affiliate WKMG-TV reported. The man, who was not identified, was airlifted to a trauma center, but his condition was not known.

The attack happened at a retention pond Friday afternoon at Great Outdoors RV Nature & Golf Resort in Titusville, the station reported.

According to a dispatch call obtained by WKMG-TV, the gator went back underwater following the attack.

"Per the caller, we have confirmed amputation," the dispatcher can be heard saying.

This resort is about 5 miles from the home....its on the St Johns river which is FULL of large gators This is the 3rd unprovoked attack in 6 weeks..in one a 80 yo lady was snatched away as soon as she opened the door to the RV.....we are in mating season so they are more aggressive than ever...duck hunters said this year they lost over 50% of the catch to gators getting to the duck before the hunter....I know the house where the man lived and one would think he saw it before the attack , my head would be on a swivel with all the gators out there................

Comments

• NotaSuv
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Because we are in a serious drought here the record low water levels are exposing the entrances to large gator dens that usually cannot be seen because they are underwater

5i3tbcp9s493.jpg
    3g94vaepicvc.jpg
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,301
    Options
    It appears that the St. Johns River gators prefer aged meat

....too soon ?
    Sal Palooza
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Not for me :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    This resort is about 5 miles from the home....its on the St Johns river which is FULL of large gators This is the 3rd unprovoked attack in 6 weeks..in one a 80 yo lady was snatched away as soon as she opened the door to the RV.....we are in mating season so they are more aggressive than ever...duck hunters said this year they lost over 50% of the catch to gators getting to the duck before the hunter....I know the house where the man lived and one would think he saw it before the attack , my head would be on a swivel with all the gators out there................

I feel pretty good right now about my geographic choices...which have completely excluded Florida.

Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    It appears that the St. Johns River gators prefer aged meat

....too soon ?

Hell no avg age there gotta be 75-80