Aerosmith Just Push Play LP / Sealed or???

SCompRacer
SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
edited April 2023 in Music & Movies
So, I've had this sealed Just Push Play LP for many years. I really like the album art. Hajime Sorayama did a gynoid resembling Marilyn Monroe.

IIRC got it from a record store in WI many, many years ago. I also have an open one that I've played. The sealed one has an Amoeba tag on it ($10.98 + tax!) with what appears to be an anti-theft strip on rear. The tag and strip are taped over, but the overlay tape doesn't go all the way around the edge of LP jacket.

I don't see any ragged edges on the shrink film under the tape like it's been opened and wonder if anyone here has seen an LP tagged like this from Amoeba? Or is it just an elaborate fake sealed LP job?

yg1fk6e6mq5m.jpg
hhe4fkxftz9r.jpg
tm77xnv2mjl0.jpg
d4cxf1317qp5.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
Post edited by SCompRacer on

Comments

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    No idea on the authenticity. I think you showed that rekkid to me once--I refrained from opening it with some difficulty.

But I do know you enjoy some female robots. So here's a couple links for your visual (and hopefully auditory) pleasure! (Not Clubhouse so links don't turn into vid windows here, sadly).

Björk--All Is Full of Love

Highly Suspect--My Name is Human
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    If I ran across that at a store, I would not consider it still sealed. With that said, for that price? I'd buy it, open her up and play the rekked.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    My rule of thumb is if the stickers are outside the shrinkwrap it's probably legit sealed.

Strip it and play with it.

:D
  • SCompRacer
    agfrost wrote: »

But I do know you enjoy some female robots. So here's a couple links for your visual (and hopefully auditory) pleasure! (Not Clubhouse so links don't turn into vid windows here, sadly).

You know I have the DVD right? :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    edited April 2023
    I already have an opened one in real nice shape. These can sell for crazy prices sealed. I have a fair offer for it, but they were questioning the tape/anti-theft strip.

5y6zli0qvogr.jpg
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    SCompRacer wrote: »

You know I have the DVD right? :D

I think I gave it to you. :D
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • SCompRacer

I think I gave it to you. :D

I think I'll say thank you again? :D
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 990
    Not quite on the same frequency but…..

I had a lot of lp’s that I wouldn’t play because they were still sealed. Getting older I finally came to grips with myself wondering what the hell?

Open her up & enjoy your Lp as Emlyn said 😬
    It just took me a long time to realize that.