Rest in peace to the last survivor of the USS Arizona…

Options
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    I've been to the Arizona Memorial on several occasions. A very somber experience and every time I go there, I can't help but to tear up.

RIP, Jack Holder and a sincere thanks for your service, sir!

337f7acozu9d.jpg
    4j6rs9b2ukbt.jpg
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,089
    Options
    Been there and very humbling and inspiring memorial. RIP Jack Holder.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,302
    Options
    "All gave some,
    Some gave all".

RIP 🇺🇸
    Sal Palooza
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Oh dang...
    A piece of history has passed.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,363
    Options
    RIP.

Wife and I were there many years ago.

2drtu17nxr5u.jpg
    ak47wpn3ppre.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    This video is 11yrs old, but even today oil still seeps from the USS Arizona. Pretty amazing after 82 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evzpevo4uWg&t=2s
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,139
    Options
    I read that at the rate the oil is seeping, it will take several thousand years to dissipate. Also saw that the tanks are at risk of opening up.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,522
    edited April 2023
    Options
    The day before the attack she had taken on 1.2 million gallons of fuel (called: Bunker C ) in preparation for an upcoming voyage to California for Christmas.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,920
    edited April 2023
    Options
    blni4kp68a4f.jpg
    RIP Sir.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,765
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Have not visited there yet, definitely on my list.

RIP