How many tubes do you have in your rig?

13»

Comments

• Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 533
    You guys have toasty tube goodness. No tubes here, but 800 watts of well-done Class D (D Sonic Custom Audio). A very neutral, dynamic presentation with no "digititis" and iron fist control of the bottom end. The Ayre preamp doesn't hurt things.
    wyeoh6omx4q2.png
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,823
    GlennDog wrote: »
    I'm toying with the idea of "upgrading" to . . . .

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb15j8-rogue-audio-apollo-mono-blocks-dark-tube

but, I don't think my space will accommodate the extra amperage adequately]

edit: I really like the TS KT-120s but they're too expensive now. These amps take 6 EACH!

Thanks Putin/Military Complex

Rogue has multiple alternatives for the KT120s in the Cronus Magnum III and others. I’m sure they will tell you what they recommend for the Apollo, KT88s or whatnot.

http://rogueaudio.com/New.htm

info@rogueaudio.com

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,116
    edited April 2023
    Jazzhead wrote: »
    You guys have toasty tube goodness. No tubes here, but 800 watts of well-done Class D (D Sonic Custom Audio). A very neutral, dynamic presentation with no "digititis" and iron fist control of the bottom end. The Ayre preamp doesn't hurt things.
    wyeoh6omx4q2.png

if you're into small form factor Class D mono amps. . . . I have a couple of EVS M500 monos that might pique your interest!
    500 per channel
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,284
    Ayre is great stuff!!
  • Jazzhead
    @pitdogg2 The Ayre preamp is "deep space" quiet as they say. Great build quality and customer service as well. @GlennDog I will check out those monos. I'm very pleased with the newer Class D offerings (D Sonic uses Pascal modules). It's a different presentation from tubes or class A/B in some very subtle ways, but very dynamic, neutral in the extreme, and no trace of harshness. My back appreciates the size and weight relative to some amps I have owned, lol.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,892
    Well, now you have a new back. Time to go get those monster amps back!!!

:D

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Jazzhead
    How 'bout a pair of these?

zrh0wt37mcbx.jpg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,892
    Eh, you might need 4 backs...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,284
    Those look sweet!!
  • Jazzhead
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Eh, you might need 4 backs...

Tom

and a second pair of testicles... I can hear the gristle squeaking just looking at them.