Monitor 11 tweeter discussion

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: The Tale Of 5 Tweeters - SDA Tweeter Replacement Guide.
Testing
Testing
Testing

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited March 2023
    Options
    You only replaced one tweeter? You say they sound great? The two tweeters are different and I would think in a near field environment you would hear a difference noticeable enough to comment on. Replace the other tweeter as well so you are running the same driver.

Just because they are "compatible" doesn't mean they sound exactly the same. One is a peerless one is the current RD0 replacement.

Full disclosure, I've never run a pair of early Polks with mismatched tweeters (never would think to do so) so I can't say for sure they sound different, but one would think based on the 40+ years they span they do. Plus my OCD would kick in and I'd have to have 2 identical drivers.

H9

P.s. There is no SL2000 in any of your photos.

P.s.s You state you upgraded tweeters (plural) photos only show (1) tweeter replaced.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    I pulled them out and installed one in one side and took pictures of the two not mounted.

Your post is very confusing, so I went back and re-read the above line. This line now makes me think you DID replace both, but switched them up for a photo. If so, disregard the above post. B)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,908
    Options
    Shouldn’t the picture with the Obama button be taken down as well? Just saying..
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,702
    Options
    At least, put him on the left channel.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,186
    Options
    What happened to the No Brainer sticker??
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform