Spam

Options
DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,480
Within the last week I've purchased two items off eBay after a long absence. Whaddya know, the amount of spam to the email connected to eBay has gone from a handful a day to around 40. Coincidence, I think not. ****.

Comments

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 999
    Options
    Yea, I've come to dislike eBay for any transactions.
    It was great back in the day when my wife & I started in 1998.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    I buy tons of stuff off eBay and I only get a few Camp LeJeune emails. Now they are saying if you have lived within 100 miles you may qualify for substantial compensation! Cool!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    DUDE! I have seen/heard so many of those commercials about substantial compensation for Camp Lejune that I could fill every day of my life with one commercial per day and STILL have plenty leftover for the afterlife.

ENOUGH already!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    What I'd like to know is where are the commercials for the victims of East Palestine, Ohio?

They need representation NOW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Oh trust me. Once a law suit starts seeing actual cash settlements (this can take years) we'll be wanting to choke an attorney for all the BS emails and texts and TV commercial!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    Options
    Thing is with the East Palestine derailment? That's an easy win.

That disaster is going to eventually turn up like what happened with PG&E at Hinkley, California, as evidenced in the movie most people know, Erin Brockovich. The evidence has already been presented for all to see. It does not take a rocket scientist....as the saying goes, a picture says a thousand words. Here's two.

shhzxz61hm4u.png

ztcuixbnwypc.png

Funny thing is.....this is perfectly safe. Yet, a gas stove is harmful and must be banned. Lunacy, if you ask me.

Tom
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Within the last week I've purchased two items off eBay after a long absence. Whaddya know, the amount of spam to the email connected to eBay has gone from a handful a day to around 40. Coincidence, I think not. ****.

The Matrix is watching you, Dave.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    I thought this thread was about a Monty Python skit….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Just saw this travel brief in the AJC this morning. Enjoyable "SPAM" :# :

Waikiki: Come for the beaches, stay for the Spam

h41vfzd7d785.png

Spam Jam 2023 kicks off with a block party on Kalakaua Avenue

Long before spam was the bane of phone calls and email, Spam was feeding soldiers during World War II. Now, it’s the focus of one of Hawaii’s top annual festivals.

Spam Jam kicks off April 29 in Waikiki with the Kalakaua Avenue block party. There will be three entertainment stages, 20 restaurants serving Spam dishes, unique Island crafters, Spam goods for sale and more.

What is Spam?

Hormel Foods introduced Spam in 1937 as a lunch meat. According to the brand’s website, the origins of name have long been a subject of speculation. One popular belief is it derived from the words ‘spiced ham.’ The real answer is known by only a small circle of former Hormel Foods executives. The brother of Hormel’s vice president at the time actually won $100 for coming up with the name.

Classic Spam is made of just six ingredients: pork, salt, water, potato starch, sugar and sodium nitrite. There are now 10 varieties of the canned meat, ranging from hot and spicy to teriyaki to oven roasted turkey.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    What is Spam indeed. ;)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    I tried Spam that was packaged in a pouch once. That was a little weird. Spam deserves to be in a can.

I like Spam.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Loved this podcast on the history and origins of spam: https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/experiment/spam-how-american-dream-got-canned
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    I'll continue the derail, hey, it's my thread anyway! Spam is a breakfast staple of our scout weekend campouts. Cube it small, put it in breakfast burritos or eggs in a bag. Slab it, grill it on the griddle and put it on you bagel samich. Yum!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    I've got a buncha cans I've been saving for when I find their lost keys. I know they're around here somewhere.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    The idea that vikings like SPAM is a myth.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Don't they make a phone app to open those now? (instead of using old-school keys...) :blush:

Meanwhile... Spam...

j6t8arvo6e0v.png