Polk Replacement Parts Source

melchionda
melchionda Posts: 79
edited March 2023 in Vintage Speakers
I thought that I read on this forum that we can get replacement parts directly from Polk. I'm looking for a set of SL2500 tweeters. Where is the Polk store where you buy the replacement parts? Does anyone have a link? The only source I can find for these parts is Midwest Speaker Repair. Is that the new place to go to get replacement parts?
Yamaha RX-A2080 HT Receiver in 5.4.4 configurationYamaha A-S2200 Integrated Amp Powering an extra set of Front SpeakersAudioLab 6000N Network Streamer Connected to Spotify and Amazon HD Music4 10" Subwoofers Powered By Dayton Audio 1200 DSP Amps4 In ceiling Atmos SpeakersSpeakers:Warfedale Diamond 9.1 (Front and Rear L+R)Polk Monitor 5 Jr+ (Front L+R)Martin Logan Motion SLM XL (Center Channel)Subwoofers 2x Dayton Audio RS270-8 10" Reference WooferSubwoofers 2x Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44 10" Reference Series HO DVC Subwoofer

Comments

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    SL2500 tweeters are not sold. There may be an upgrade/replacement, though.

Contact Polk/Sound United Customer Service via telephone. 1 (800) 377-7655

Sometimes they have stock, sometimes they don't. Seems very intermittent.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    The SL2500 is long out of production. The replacement is part # RD0198-1 available by calling Polk or ordering from Midwest. The replacement is a much better tweeter.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk