Have I said I love Modwright lately? + Bonus Amp Guts

Options
stangman67
stangman67 Posts: 2,196
edited March 2023 in 2 Channel Audio
As many of you know, I purchased my KWA-150SE used from TMR and received it with a few problems, the operational stuff was repaired by MW at TMR’s cost but this side panel damage remained (suspect TMR did it when packaging as it didn’t show in the pictures on the site)

fxl02m5m2216.jpeg

At the time of purchase, Dan was considering modifying the case the amps were housed in so they didn’t have any spares to sell me. I randomly emailed them last week and lo and behold they have the panels back in stock so I was able to purchase one, it is incredibly nice to be able to communicate directly with a manufacturer and get support (and get replacement parts easily, other manufactures should pay attention to this).

Got it all installed in a few minutes and the amp is back to mint!

d0m89b44fe4s.jpeg

jo8lg6qfiijj.jpeg

+ a few guts pics because everyone loves those. This thing is a well built beast!

pu4lyikrt81x.jpeg
ctbuf1otnog5.jpeg

g50ycn6gufxz.jpeg

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
Post edited by stangman67 on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    Options
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Dan and Kristin Boyd are awesome to working with...congrats
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,529
    Options
    Holy bat thermal underwear!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    Options
    SOLD!!!!! LOL!!

I wish they were all like ModWright, Why others like Cary Audio don't carry themselves the same way is beyond me. Not that Cary is all bad, but talking to someone personally helps in many ways.

Polk should take notes as well, this generation of everything is handled through text, emails, or even worse social media is garbage for the most part, there are moments it actually helps to physically speak to someone, not everything needs to be so impersonal..

That AMP looks fantastic, CONGRATS!!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Great customer service can create customers for life, I will keep buying Modwright over other brands because of my experience with them. Terrible customer service on the other hand can cause disgruntled customers that will tell anyone and everyone about their experience

It’s certainly easier for smaller shops like MW and Backert (a few of the companies that I have experienced GREAT CS with) to exhibit excellent customer service than large corporations with the bureaucracy of the business world but large corporations still need to put the effort forth (IE what Polk used to be and what stores like Crutchfield exhibit now)
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius