Incomplete RT5000 Set - which speakers can I add as front and rear satellites to complete it?

Options
I bought a home and it came with an incomplete RT5000 set. I have the following available:-
CS1000p center, 1 complete rt3000p (with satellite), 1 incomplete rt3000p (upper satellite is missing), 1 F/X 1000 Left (rear sattelite).
I am trying to use them for a 5.1 HT setup in a 15 ft * 17 ft room.

So as per original configuration for a RT5000 system, I am missing an upper satellite for RT3000p and a F/x1000 rear satellite.
My research suggests that both are hard to come for sale (will be great if someone has them available for sale - I am in central NJ).
So I am looking for alternatives that can be used as replacements from the current lineup (preferably not very pricey). Easily available used alternatives will work as well.
What are the factors that I should be looking for when considering the alternatives?

Thanks for help!

eqgcb63rz32v.jpg

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    If you could find a single RT55i that would complete the second RT3000 speaker. The RT f/x could substitute for the missing surround channel speaker. The RT5000 system was the brainchild of Polk's Mark Suskind, a devoted classical music listener and serious audiophile. He worked his way up through the ranks of Polk and started their Customer Service department along the way to project manager. Good guy!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    Options
    I believe you purchased the rare rt2500 system

Ken is offering solid advice above!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    edited February 2023
    Options
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    The RT55s are wider than the RT3000p top speakers. I own them both.

But if one doesn't care about precision originality, the RT55s would work just fine sitting on top of those bases.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 817
    Options
    Hi whosthr, and welcome. I've been a RT5000 fan for many years. My profile shows the setup I have. Took me years to collect it all and spares, and I've looked (unsuccessfully) for a single RT3000p to try as a center for a couple years. While the RT3000p's are great speakers, they are getting increasingly difficult to find, and the F/X1000's and matching CS1000p center are rare as chicken's teeth, too. I track them on eBay and don't remember seeing either in a long time.

Before you make the investment in a pair of RT55's, though, I'd suggest you make sure the plate amps in the sub units are good.

I've accumulated and can share the manuals, sales literature and schematics if you need them.

And, if you decide to sell or part them out instead of completing the set, please let me know.
    My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L-C-R, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 705 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS2000/NX7 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • polkguy1994
    polkguy1994 Posts: 54
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Here is a set on eBay. 1399.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155244724896?hash=item24254e82a0:g:fA4AAOSwYdxjaX1C&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAwC3I/+uDt5D6BmtMPcee8vO8xE/5CV/yVWEE8ABQXPvU8hVhXQNY24ppdtLaRY82EMIldtHS9bYiD6GkaQZdUTFqXc/rEMD2gQ3ogc6D+fALA/dxgB5wG+QJEzeKoNFHwxU4C3lnIADJssOyfvBgBKCh775S6/KawnoFhK0bEKfaXWU5QjJr80iq9inA7nI8rh4B4qUZC2cDi4mJ3cC1xFgofK0Og+NjYJSf7e6YdPNJtwhFxuYQgfbHbIUPXyrPZg==|tkp:Bk9SR5zJvJHsYQ

I know how difficult it is finding hens teeth in the stereo world, Polk is loved by many but understood by few. I have three pairs of RT2000 towers [2-pair w/boxes], one pair RT55 book shelf, one pair FX500 surrounds, one pair (new in box) FX1000 surrounds, one PSW1200 sub, one CS400 center, one PSW1000 sub, one pair RT3000 towers, one CS350 center, two sets of LS/FX di/bi polar surrounds, one complete set of RT5000, one complete set of SRT with boxes [two uppers/two lowers, controller, two pair of LS/Fx surrounds, one SRT Center, Manuel], four SRT’s uppers/lowers, two SRT Center Chanel, three controllers (additional), and two JL Audio Fathom f113 powered subwoofer.

You could use the single upper RT3000 as a center and buy a pair of RT55 to replace the pair uppers.

The LSIM 702 f/x speaker might be a surround replacement.

dctjbd9y53fh.jpeg
    I am looking for SRT Rears, seeking any information on the SRT history details to learn about this product!jjdas75rryoz.jpegw0n3asrf6chn.jpeg
  • diholf57
    diholf57 Posts: 4
    Options
    Nice choice you made!
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    Sorry for necroposting (only by 3 months!)

@whosthr if you're still looking for replacement tops for the RT3000p, I'd get some RT35 (or the i model) as they fit perfectly. RT55 won't fit perfectly on top.

If you see a pair of RT800 (non i), you could also cut them 20-1/16" from the top and then cut the rear MDF piece half an inch from the bottom and slide in a 1/2" piece of MDF. Then you'd just replace the woofers with the MW7016 and grab an RT3000p crossover and you'd literally have an RT3000p satellite, possibly might need to cut the ARC port.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Edit: just read @rtart 's post and I basically stole what he said so ditto @rtart 's post :smiley:

Totally different approach as an idea. What if you parts out the system and use the funds to buy a pair of towers?

Also, if you do decide to keep them, I recommend that you not put any money into completing them until you have tested the subs. Having owned a RT5000 system, it is not a matter of if, but when the power caps in the sub plate amps will fail causing a loud hum and you will have to replace the power caps.

It is a very cool system. Sounds great in HT mode.

Like others have suggested, the RT55s are the closest match for the top cabinets. If you get RT55s to complete the tops, you will want to adjust the subs because the RT55s are ported for more bass response while the RT3000 towers have sealed tops, allowing the subs underneath to blend.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050