Audioquest Diamond USB A/B 1.5M...

Options
What a shocker this cable is. It has become the final piece of my system. While hard to put into words, this cable has transformed what was already sounding pretty good into an experience that I have never heard before. The biggest improvement is that everything seems more focused. The pace and timing of everything is simply fantastic. Bass is deeper and more defined, and that foundation carries all the way through to the higher frequencies. Vocals are crystal-clear and the micro-details shine through in intimate fashion as a voice nears the microphone and pulls away.

Bottom line for me is that after a year of trying to get a setup that rivalled my TriangleART, I can say that the journey is over. There is no going back to vinyl now, as the performance of the Arcam/Simaudio easily bests where I was.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    Options
    Obligatory it's just ones and zeros!

Congrats! Digital stuff matters!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    edited February 2023
    Options
    CaBLeS DoNt MaKe A DiffEReNcE!!!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I also have a Diamond USB in my system, thanks again to DSkip. Great cable. AQ seems to have taken all of my disposable income in the last 6 months.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    The details this cable has helped retrieve are blowing me away. There is so much information within those 1's and 0's that was absent on the cheapo cables. The textures and microdetails are adding so much to the listening experience....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    Options
    That's impossible John, just saying 😎

Glad they are rocking your socks!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Using an AQ carbon here. Got it at the right
    Price from a fellow polkie.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    There is no going back to vinyl now, as the performance of the Arcam/Simaudio easily bests where I was.

Specifically, in what aspects are you referring too?

Not being confrontational but that was a rather stout LP player. "Easily"? Sorry man but my BS meter just went off.

Please explain.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    There is no going back to vinyl now, as the performance of the Arcam/Simaudio easily bests where I was.

Specifically, in what aspects are you referring too?

Not being confrontational but that was a rather stout LP player. "Easily"? Sorry man but my BS meter just went off.

Please explain.

Tom

I still have the table, just no arm/cartridge, etc...

As far as sound goes, I find my current setup to be far more enjoyable. I cannot put a finger on any specific reason, as I swapped out everything pretty quickly. Oy may be because the Arcam is newer tech, but I like it as a preamp better than the Pass Labs I had previously, so let me start there.

The Arcam has more sparkle at the top without being bright sounding, and the mids are smoother and more focused. There is greater soundstage depth and the bottom end is faster, tighter and deeper than it was with the Pass.
    The Simaudio is able to take my digital music and translate that into sound that is liquid smooth, and overall, very analog sounding. I have not tried a vinyl to digital side by side because the pieces of the turntable I sold off to fund the changes I made.

It is entirely possible I was not getting all I could out of my turntable. I did not have the time, the tools or the funds to cover a professional setup and calibration, but that said, the enjoyment I am getting from my current setup easily beats where I was before. I am hearing little details within the music I never knew were there, and it makes going through my music fun again.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited April 2023
    Options
    NM
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!