Dayens Ampino Preamplifier For Sale

Options
For your consideration is a Dayens Ampino Pre-amplifier. I originally got this unit from Skip at Audio Thesis and it has very little use. I no longer need it for a spare pre-amp, so instead of not using it, I am offering it up for sale here.

They retail for $990 and I can have this one shipped to your door for $550.00 in my pocket. (Continental USA only). It will be double boxed and packed well, insured by me.

Ampino uses carefully selected components from reliable manufacturers, with excellent technical characteristics, but what is much more important, even better sound. Ease of use, cute format, short signal paths, robust power supply, separate control cards (digital part) and remote control of all functions are just some of the features of the Ampino preamplifier.

No remote with this unit, so would be great for a desk/office rig where space is at a premium and a remote is not needed. Alternatively, you can program a remote or reach out to Skip if a remote is a mandatory thing for you.

First come, first serve on this one. Whether it be through PM or a post on this thread, although for full transparency, it would be nice/courteous if you could just post here on this thread. I do reserve the right to sell to Club Polk members with over 100 posts for the next week. If it is still here after that, I will open it up to everyone.

The unit did not/does not come with a PC but I'll include one anyway. There are 4 RCA inputs and 2 RCA outputs. All connections will be cleaned and treated prior to shipping.

My apologies about the dust. I didn't even notice any until I actually photographed the unit. None of this dust is visible to the naked eye (weird). The unit is in mint condition, as you see and works flawlessly.

gcb5tsk88txe.png

rulja7z8apcl.png

8fdf5y6pthak.png

8ephe5lekdfx.png

hlj9sag59joo.png

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,192
    Options
    Been awhile since I heard Dayens mentioned around here. Nice piece!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Their Menuetto integrated sounds awesome with my Lsim703s. May even step up to the Ecstasy someday. GLWS!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,455
    Options
    Very nice little pre! Someone needs to jump on this deal!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,374
    Options
    This is now open to all Club Polk members. No restrictions. After a week, I'll allow any non-member to purchase it, if it is still here.

Thanks for looking.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    This sale is now open to anyone who would like to purchase it. Also, the price has been reduced to $500 shipped to your door (Mainland US only - no international shipping)

Tom
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    This unit sounds way better than people would think. It is a quality piece for a great price.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3
    Options
    $450 shipped to your door. Final offer. Speak now or forever hold your curiosity.

Tom
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,976
    Options
    Since my pre will be going intpo the shop with a long wait anticipated, I'm interested. I will appreciate if you can give me a day to be sure I can program my remote for this unit.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2023
    Options
    That's actually the reason I bought it to begin with. A spare pre for when my main pre died. Had to have tunes somehow!

That reminds me, I still need to bring that Dodd MLP down to the shop in Atlanta and get it repaired. Then I can sell the Cary pre.

No worries on the wait.

Tom.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Yeah, resurrect that Dodd!
  • treitz3
    Options
    This is still for sale, folks.

Tom
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    This is still for sale, folks.

Tom

Will it fit in my carry-on luggage if I see you at LSAF? :wink:
  • treitz3
    Options
    It is literally the size of a shoe box. With that said, I have no idea about restrictions with carry on luggage. It is mint, and I will be flying in as well, so it will be boxed up. That will, obviously change the volume of the unit. It would be cheaper and safer for the unit to just ship it.

Shipping is included in the price offered, as well....so there is that.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    This unit has been sold. Thanks for looking.

Tom