Daisy-Chain 4 speakers @ 8 ohms each -- from a PSW 10

I have a Yamaha A100a amp, and 4 8 ohm passive speakers. Can I use my powered PSW10 as the amp from which I daisy chain 4 speakers?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    No
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jwing
    jwing Posts: 6
    Please just answer the question as directly as possible.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    No x2.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Psw10 amplifier fails driving its own driver so I wouldn't count it in the ring to drive 4 more.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    jwing wrote: »
    Please just answer the question as directly as possible.

Question was answered directly as possible....NO!!

Now a 1ohm load on a subpar amp
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Well, I mean, one could connect the four loudspeakers in a series-parallel array and get a manageable impedance -- or connect all four in series and get plenty of impedance.
    ... but just because one could do something does not, a priori, mean that one should, of course.

:#
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited January 2023
    Yes you can series each pair then put each series in parallel
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Guys, he wants to use the sub amp to drive the speakers.
    Can I use my powered PSW10 as the amp...
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    F1nut wrote: »
    Guys, he wants to use the sub amp to drive the speakers.
    Can I use my powered PSW10 as the amp...
    Yup.
    :#