Custom amp faceplate

Options
I dig it

Laser cut and etched

Black acrylic

cjtim1ywj70w.jpg
afprpdmd26g4.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    Options
    tcc1n4l52ldn.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Options
    Blue light!

kur985czxj8k.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Emotiva edition… :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Options
    My printer may break
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,800
    Options
    Put a higher value resistor on that led, it's blinding.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited January 2023
    Options
    It looks very nice.

To be frank for whatever reason to my eyes blue LEDs just scald my retinas. Must just be the wavelength that the blue sits at, even Xmas lights outside at night from a great distance make me want to turn away.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,599
    Options
    Intense blues appear very blurry for me. It's the worst with blue neon. Used to bother me more in my youth for whatever reason. But, I still like the move to blue LEDs from red, especially with black.

Nice work!
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • VR3
    Options
    Thanks guys

What value resistor do you recommend?

I will include different resistors when I go to sell them... Clear, blue, red, white, green
  • F1nut
    edited January 2023
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Thanks guys

What value resistor do you recommend?

I will include different resistors when I go to sell them... Clear, blue, red, white, green

Not sure what to recommend as it varies with the mcd rating (intensity) of the led. Do you know the mcd rating of that one?

You can get low mcd leds with diffused lens, which really cut down the glare. You can also use fine grit sandpaper (400 grit) to create a diffused lens out of a clear lens. However, if the mcd rating is high no amount of diffusion will cut the glare.

The viewing angle rating plays a role too. Narrow angles are more intense when viewed straight on, but much less so when viewed at a wider angle.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    Options
    Gotcha, it is recessed in the faceplate so I will try coating it with an opaque finish to dial it back
  • F1nut
    Options
    IMO, you're better off installing a low mcd led to start with. Believe it or not a 5 or 10 mcd led is plenty. They have ultra bright ones rated at like 10,000 mcd, which will cause permanent retina damage, IMO.

President of Club Polk