PSW505 Capacitor Issues

I am voicing my disappointment with Polk's handling of the cheap capacitors they used in this subwoofers boards. Mine is a year or so past warranty and now it needs replacement at $180 plus tax and shipping. All because Polk cheaped out on capacitors.
I sent an email to the Kim person everyone was mentioning and am waiting to hear on the back ordered amps.
Polk knew they had a problem and did not do anything to fix it.
So will the new amp have the same issues in a few years, do I find someone who will replace all the capacitors (if that's the only issue) or just buy another subwoofer that is not a Polk?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited January 2023
    It's a $600.00 budget sub. I honestly don't know what brand of capacitors Polk used or how you know they are cheap, but let's say they are cheap. So, you think Polk should have used high quality capacitors? Ok, well the $600.00 sub just became an $800.00 sub. You getting the picture yet?

The fact of the matter is the plate amp in subwoofers tend not to last, failure is common regardless of the manufacturer. It's a really tough environment for the components regardless of the their quality.

Are you using the sub for home theater or music?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk