Hello everyone. I have a vintage Polk Audio sound system, I am curious what your opinion...

Options
... on value, whether to sell, if so where would be a good place.

I have been given a sound system of Polk Audio equipment a number of years ago that I've had in storage for a bit and now am wondering what their actual value is. I've looked online but these seem to maybe be somewhat rare? The system is as follows;

Two Floor standing speaker model #: RT800i
Two bookshelf or surround speakers model #: FX300i
One power subwoofer model #: PSW250 8 inch woofer
And one center speaker model #: CS150

They're in perfect condition minus some very minor wear in corners/edges of the cabinets.
I recognize you can't give me exacts as it always depends on what someone is willing to actually spend. I am just wondering what their expected value is.

Also, if the value is high enough, where would you suggest I sell them? I see the buying/selling forum, but I def don't have 100 posts.

Thank you for your input!

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    I'd say $300 to $400 on a good day (Craigslist, Facebook, etc for local sales only) but if I had them myself I'd donate them to a charity like Salvation Army and take the tax deduction. Less hassle that way.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Radiant9d9 wrote: »
    ... on value, whether to sell, if so where would be a good place.

I have been given a sound system of Polk Audio equipment a number of years ago that I've had in storage for a bit and now am wondering what their actual value is. I've looked online but these seem to maybe be somewhat rare? The system is as follows;

Two Floor standing speaker model #: RT800i
    Two bookshelf or surround speakers model #: FX300i
    One power subwoofer model #: PSW250 8 inch woofer
    And one center speaker model #: CS150

They're in perfect condition minus some very minor wear in corners/edges of the cabinets.
    I recognize you can't give me exacts as it always depends on what someone is willing to actually spend. I am just wondering what their expected value is.

Also, if the value is high enough, where would you suggest I sell them? I see the buying/selling forum, but I def don't have 100 posts.

Thank you for your input!

Yea you will only sell those locally. $300 would be good for everything, $400 would be great. $250-300 is realistic, I agree that unless you’re hard up for cash you could donate them or give them to a friend or relative who would enjoy them.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Radiant9d9
    Options
    Thank you Emlyn & Rooftop for your responses. Perhaps I'm blind, but do not see the reply option...

Thank you for your input. I would then ask, why? I am not super technical when it comes to speaker systems, but I'd like to understand better. I recognize that these systems still rely on speaker cables and thus aren't digital. But will you please elaborate? I'm sincerely interested in understanding.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,803
    Options
    Reply, use the Quote feature.

Digital speakers???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Radiant9d9 wrote: »
    Thank you Emlyn & Rooftop for your responses. Perhaps I'm blind, but do not see the reply option...

Thank you for your input. I would then ask, why? I am not super technical when it comes to speaker systems, but I'd like to understand better. I recognize that these systems still rely on speaker cables and thus aren't digital. But will you please elaborate? I'm sincerely interested in understanding.

Quote like this. Price estimates are based on knowledge of things like Ebay sales, people trying to sell things for too high a price and seeing them not sell, etc that's built up over many years of observation of the used market. In this case the speakers are pushing 20 years old and aren't models that are in high demand. For the most part they were sold at a discount at places like Circuit City and weren't really expensive at full price. They were good for what they were though. Someone would still enjoy them.
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,339
    Options
    The concept of "Digital Ready" and "Digital" speakers always intrigued me.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,803
    Options
    skrol wrote: »
    The concept of "Digital Ready" and "Digital" speakers always intrigued me.

Marketing aimed at the ignorant.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Back when being "digital" was a good thing.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Back when being "digital" was a good thing.

Well unless you'r at your proctologist appt.....and they have hands the size of a great Ape