(Older?) Monitor 70 towers - need tweeter advice

Options
Polk newbie here, bought a pair of subject towers back in 2021 and now one tweeter has given up. Tweeter is RD0088/RD0093 which I understand I can probably get from Polk direct for about $50? Should I consider spending a bit more to upgrade with a new pair of improved drivers and if so I'm relying on the experts (those of you hopefully reading this post!) to recommend part numbers and options if any. Would this be plug & play or would I need to make crossover mods/adj? I've been driving these with an Emotiva TA-100 integrated at 50wpc and they sound real nice, but I've heard these 70's like to be driven (responsibly of course!) and I just picked up a vintage NAD 2200 amp so I'm hopeful the Polk's will come to life with the added fuel!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    You probably should have kept this in your original thread, no need for two threads for the basically the same question/problem.
  • VicBinCT
    Options
    Thought Vintage Speakers would get me more help than Customer Service; don't really need anyone to suggest calling the Polk 1-800 number for OEM replacements...was hoping for a little more experienced insight. Sorry if I broke protocol... :-)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    What you clearly don't understand is the only replacement tweeter for your speakers is the original, which is only available from Polk, so the suggestion you received was in fact experienced insight.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    I get that, unfortunately customer service doesn't monitor this much. The member who helped you is a retired employee.

As far as improved drivers what is it you're referring to?
    Polk may or may not have the exact tweeters. Usually they offer a suitable replacement which means you will need two to match.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Some people's kids never grow up.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VicBinCT
    Options
    "what you clearly don't understand...", what prompted that condescension? My posts were sincere and polite. I clearly explained I have a dead tweeter and was wondering if OE was the only way to go. And don't comment about me growing up...I'm likely older than you at 60...respect your elders even if they are forum newbies! So seriously...I have no tweeter upgrade option on the Monitor 70?
  • F1nut
    Options
    You're younger. There is no upgrade. Have a nice day!

President of Club Polk

• VicBinCT
    Options
    Thank you for verification. I'll contact Polk first, then Midwest if necessary. ;)
  • F1nut
    Options
    The part number is RD0093-1. Midwest doesn't have any, not sure about Polk. The Speaker Exchange rebuilds them.

President of Club Polk