Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,020
So to preface, I'm not one to over analyze a movie.

Sat down, we jump right into pandora, takes about 45 minutes to lay out the story and once things are going, the next time I checked my watch was 3 hours in.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to watch it on the Trey-Max.

Highly recommend!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,313
    Options
    Heck yeah, man! The family is waiting on the lines to die down a bit and we will be watching it in a movie theater that offers wide, reclining seats. We are eagerly awaiting this one!

Glad to hear that it didn't disappoint.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    We went yesterday 730pm, 3d standard reald3d... Has the nice leather recliner chairs... Theater seating where you can't see the row below you... Great arm room, etc...

18 a person, no complaints

I considered the imax but after being aurally assaulted at 120db for the duration of top gun 2.... Hard pass
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,313
    Options
    Sounds like the same theater we go too. I haven't been there in a while because nothing worthwhile (IMO) has come out recently but yeah, that's my style of watching a movie!

Forget the half armrest, ripped seat, airline type/size seating where the dude's head in front of you blocks your vision! I like that each seat has a large cup holder as well. It's like the difference on an airline between coach and First Class. The difference with this....is that the cost isn't a couple of hundred or more per person upgrade!

Top Gun 2 was the last time we went there, come to think of it...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    agree, wayyy better having personal space and not being able to see the people in front of you
  • skipshot12
    Options
    Can't wait to see this....

Have the original on 3D Blu-Ray at home played thru the Oppo 105D on a Panasonic Viera.
    Never gets old. Such a well done movie.

Hopefully they'll make it available in 3D for home in the near future.