How centered are you with your SDA SRS 2.3s?

Options
I'm asking what looks like an age old question, but hoping to get an update, as the posts I've found on this topic are 10+ years old.

I've finally got my system up and operational:
Receiver: Anthem MRX540 8k
Amp: Meridian 559
Mains: SDA SRS 2.3
Subs: Two Klipsch Reference R-112SWs (my "listening" room is also our party room... 60 feet from fronts to back wall, and this space was eating up bass, so therefore the second sub located in a back corner)
Rears: Monitor Audio C280 (in ceiling)
Center: Signature S35
TV: Samsung 85" Neo QLED 8k

I love the stereo sound and the 2.3s fill our basement party room really well, even at low volumes. While my wife is the primary user of the surround system and thinks it's just fine as is, I am a bit underwhelmed by the sound from the slim S35 center. It's plenty clear with voice tracks, but doesn't have the richness we have with our upstairs system center; a Paradigm Studio CC-570v3 (sitting between Studio 100v3's). I didn't really expect a lot from the S35 center, but I found it locally at a bargain price, so got it to have something right now.

Experienced recommendations for a better center appreciated. I'm not ready to drop $1,500 for a Legend L400 center (at least not until I find a pair of 1.2tl's!), and I'm not set on Polk - anything that sounds great, matches sonically with my 2.3s, and is available in a black cabinet will work.

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Too bad, you just missed Polk’s sale for forum members. Legend series were 40% off their sale price plus an additional 10% off you could stack, less than half price free shipping. Anyway, I found the S35 lacking but the LSiM-706 or 704 are good centers also. Perhaps you could find a used CS-350 LS which is a very fine center that can be had for a pittance and would match well with your fronts I believe.
  • Gofastr
    Options
    Thanks for the info, dromunds. Can you advise how I can see Polk's forum members' sales?
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Gofastr wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, dromunds. Can you advise how I can see Polk's forum members' sales?

You can find them pinned to the top of the "The Clubhouse" page as an announcement.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/categories/the-clubhouse
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    ...the LSiM-706 or 704 are good centers also.
    I have used the LSiM706C with 2.3TLs and now 1.2TLs for several years and find it to be an excellent choice that can hold its own with the big boys. Vocals are clear and natural sounding.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050