My set up in San Antonio, critique and criticize away, I'm happy no matter what :)

Options
Geoff4rfc
Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,147
502193hikbpq7tek2i.jpg
i32ixoj885nr.jpg
nnelch8shd8b.jpeg
y90r0567o5cm.jpg
0/uploads/editor/gt/mj4514xsczx8.jpg
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    Hey Geoff!
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Sweet Geoff, you finally made it back!! Home of real Mexican food

System looks sweet...just in the wrong house...I'll pm you my address for delivery
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Forget the stereo system, can we get some more pics of that cowboy hat rack?!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    All looks great!

A beautiful city! How about some Christmas River Walk pictures and the Alamo.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Y'all crack me up! What's up.

Yeah man, good to be back Tx, home of real "everything".

Thanks for noticing the hats Clip, it's finally cold enough to wear the furs, I miss my straws for sure. The furs are nice enough, 20x but my straw is where it's at lol

Put up three bass traps today, what a difference in the bass now. Lol, got a re-calibrate again.

Thanks Blue, I don't get downtown much, grew up here. The traffic downtown is always a nightmare. I'm nice and content way out 1604 near Converse. Nice and quiet, until I turn everything on B)

I have noticed the Bluetooth sounds really good however, the CD player is set up well enough that it gives a better sound.

I always have some cold beers at the ready and my grill is modified for high efficiency (barrel grill with chimney stack), if y'all are ever in the area, don't hesitate of come by......you too Ken.

Merry Christmas, hope to see you soon.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    HEY BRO! GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE! Hope things turned around since we chatted last.

See you around or feel free to PM me so we can shoot the stuff :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    How about some Christmas River Walk pictures and the Alamo.

I was going to take pictures of The Alamo.

But I forgot. :|
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    @Geoff4rfc
    Just walked a project in the Shertz/Gardenridge area this last Monday

When we ramp up maybe grab a bite out your way...not to far

Welcome back to Texas
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Dude for HT I cannot even fathom how badass that probably sounds…rock on brother!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • skipshot12
    Options
    Very nice setup.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    That is one sweet looking setup.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Dude for HT I cannot even fathom how badass that probably sounds…rock on brother!

I appreciate that brother!!! 6 towers all set to large do make for an "encompassing" experience lol. Stereo isn't too bad either, the 707's with both subs combined do the job. My dad thinks some of the sound is coming from the center channel so they're imaging pretty well.

• dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »

I have noticed the Bluetooth sounds really good however, the CD player is set up well enough that it gives a better sound.

Cool setup! Until recently, i had an equipment rack setup similar to yours. Really helps things run cooler.

Its great you have both source options. My daughter and I enjoy doing A/B comparisons of simultaneous Bluetooth and CDP tracks. Bluetooth is convenient for casual listening but the CDP wins hands down for serious listening every time.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050