That's not good, SL 2000 down

Picked up my 5jrs to box them up to move in a couple months, set them next to the box I was using to grab the packing materials, and I hear a clunk. Pop out the mid thinking magnet shift shifted it all the was off the woofer, and am surprised to see the tweeter magnet in the bottom of the cabinet. This was the only set of vintage monitors I owned that don't have a bad driver, but now they joined the family of nonfunctional monitors I have in the closet. Once I'm back stateside I'll be on the look for replacement drivers I guess j303feiygke6.jpg
ecxwizrtsc0b.jpg
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited December 2022
    If you're wanting to get them up and running w/o buying RD0's, PM me your mailing address and I'll Karma you a 2000. You still in IT?

Edit....just reread your post and realized you're rotating back. Probably best to wait until you're stateside...or not....your call but either way hit me up if you want one before or after your PCS.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • JayCee wrote: »
    If you're wanting to get them up and running w/o buying RD0's, PM me your mailing address and I'll Karma you a 2000. You still in IT?

Edit....just reread your post and realized you're rotating back. Probably best to wait until you're stateside...or not....your call but either way hit me up if you want one before or after your PCS.

Dude you're the goat, I have a mailing address back home where I can receive mail, I'll forget for months if I don't now, thank you so much

2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Glad to help. I'll send it out after the first of the year when the holiday madness is over. I received your PM and will let you know when it ships.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 450
    SL2000 magnet separation happens, unfortunately. I've had a few come through, some I've been able to save, some not.

You may be able to fix it with some patience, shims, and a steady hand. The hardest part is getting the threaded metal mounting plate back on the magnet and centered. It has a really strong magnetic force and is tough to center - I use thick shims.

Once that's back together, the voice coil / diaphragm just screws back on.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)