Where can I get replacement covers for my Mini Monitor speakers? They are 5-1/2 x 14 inches.

3523mct3at4m.jpg

Answers

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited December 2022
    Are the frames still intact? Speaker grill fabric is readily available.
  • I don't know what you mean by frames? My speakers don't have grill fabric. Can I replace it with the original material shown in the photo I submitted? Not sure what it is called.
  • I'm looking for help from anyone who is knowledgable about the Polk Audio Mini-Monitor speaker covers I've shown in the photo. There is no frame.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Do a Google search for thin black filter type material. It will turn up multiple results for filter material that appears similar to exactly like your grill material.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    GouldRF wrote: »
    I'm looking for help from anyone who is knowledgable about the Polk Audio Mini-Monitor speaker covers I've shown in the photo. There is no frame.

Can you post a photo of your speakers? I can't imagine the foam covers that you posted were just glued/adhered to the baffle. There has to be a frame. Could be wrong though, it's happened at least once...
  • This is a photo of one Polk Audio Mini-monitor speaker without the foam cover. There is no frame! Note the plastic strips stapled in each corner. The foam covers the speaker and appears to be held in place by points protruding from the plastic strips. Note the No. 11361 at the bottom of the speaker. This means nothing to me but it may give you a clue regarding the speakers design; model; and/or date of manufacture. I will post the photo with this comment or as a separate comment for your reference. Thank you Ken Brydson for assisting me.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    That is the speaker serial number, those strips are velcro strips. You know how velcro has a soft part that the hard part grabs ahold of the loop part ? That is just the hook side. The foam cover was the loop side. Go to a craft store and ask them if they have some open cell foam. They may not but we will not be able to point you to a place that has any exactly like you want. After all the speakers are what 30-35+ years old? good luck, but honestly you'll be making your own and settling for less than perfect.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited December 2022
    If you would only learn some google or ANY search engine....
    25 ppi foam. gets you this !
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=25 ppi foam sheet&qs=ds&form=QBRE

Now see the related searches? Search for something similar to what you had....

30 ppi
    40 ppi etc etc etc.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184316164938?

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Reticulated foam is awesome grill material
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    This is a photo of one Polk Audio Mini-monitor speaker without the foam cover. There is no frame! Note the plastic strips stapled in each corner. The foam covers the speaker and appears to be held in place by points protruding from the plastic strips. Note the No. 11361 at the bottom of the speaker. This means nothing to me but it may give you a clue regarding the speakers design; model; and/or date of manufacture. I will post the photo with this comment or as a separate comment for your reference. Thank you Ken Brydson for assisting me.

I already told you what to look for....geeesh!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    rrgwmtf6cteb.gif
    F1nut wrote: »
    This is a photo of one Polk Audio Mini-monitor speaker without the foam cover. There is no frame! Note the plastic strips stapled in each corner. The foam covers the speaker and appears to be held in place by points protruding from the plastic strips. Note the No. 11361 at the bottom of the speaker. This means nothing to me but it may give you a clue regarding the speakers design; model; and/or date of manufacture. I will post the photo with this comment or as a separate comment for your reference. Thank you Ken Brydson for assisting me.

I already told you what to look for....geeesh!!!

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a