How can I verify my SDA model?

Options
They are either 2.3's or 2.3TL's. How can I tell for sure? On the back, they just say SDA 2. I have 3 tweeters and woofers in a 2-4 setup for total of 6 woofers. They have the black eyed SL2000 tweeters.

Answers

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Most telling is the 2.3 model had “hockey puck” drivers for a couple of the midwoofers. If all the midwoofers look the same they are 2.3TL. The tweeters would be SL3000 metallic dome tweeters rather than the SL2000 tweeters unless they have been replaced with a later version like the RD0198.

If these are new to you it may be a good idea to take some of the drivers out and inspect the driver model numbers and that nothing is loose in the cabinet.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited December 2022
    Options
    With SL2000 tweeters they are the SRS SDA 2.3. However, the SL2000 dome is not black, so post a pic or two.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pavlograd
    Options
    Donuts on 2 drivers, and when I disconnect the cord, it seems that the two middle ones (of the four) are hardly vibrating. But also whether cord is connected or not, I feel little to nothing from the donuts (only checked left speaker).
    rac423ku4dxg.jpg
  • Emlyn
    Options
    Those are 2.3 version. Not certain about those tweeters.
  • pavlograd
    Options
    F1nut - glad to see you are still kicking like me. We talked back in 2017 last. I've moved and lost a child since then. Just got these moved downstairs so I can listen. I also have a pair of the originals which I had started rebuilding the crossover on, but moving interrupted that. I'm about to start that job again as well as upgrade these 2.3's. I have another pair (1C's I think) with 2 tweets, 4 woofs, and a 12" passive that I had already tuned up. Probably going to sell those. Also building a pair of Criton 2TDX from creative sound solutions. Good to hear from you.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited December 2022
    Options
    2.3 srs with RD0194 tweeters.
    They did you a solid!
  • F1nut
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

Those are definitely the SRS SDA 2.3. The tweeters are the RD0194-1, which are the upgrade replacement for the SL2000. The 2 middle drivers between the donut drivers are the SDA drivers, which will not play with the SDA cable disconnected. The weights on the donut drivers restrict their movement, so not much action from them.

The speaker in your pic will be the left one.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pavlograd
    pavlograd Posts: 25
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I think I remember now (it was back in 2017) that I swapped out the silver domed tweeters for the newer 194's black dome ones. And you are correct, it is on the left. I bought them from original owner (had to drive to N.C. to get them) and they were in original boxes which I just couldn't keep.
  • Emlyn
    Options
    Good looking speakers.
  • pavlograd
    Options
    Can someone verify that the C7 capacitor on the top tweeter is a 5.8uf? I can't make it out on the schematic drawing in the handbook.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    @pavlograd searching around for your answer...I did not find, but I did find your port when you first got the 2.3's which will answer the SL2000 /194 tweets. There are other links with discussions inside your original thread

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/176588/bought-a-pair-of-sda-2-3tls-today/p1

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    Options
    pavlograd wrote: »
    Can someone verify that the C7 capacitor on the top tweeter is a 5.8uf? I can't make it out on the schematic drawing in the handbook.

Yes

President of Club Polk