why polk audio?

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
This has bothered me for a while. Why did they choose a company name of "polk audio" rather than "Polk Audio". Any reason or story behind it?
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Huh? We chose the name Polk Audio because that's the name of the guy who signs our checks. Oh, and who invented a bunch of cool loudspeaker technology when he was building speakers in his old Baltimore victorian house back in the 70s. Plus, if we changed the name now he'd can us all. It was all we could do to update the logo.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I think he's referring to the capitalization, or lack there of. So, he's asking why you chose not to capitalize the first letters in your logo.

Aaron
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Options
    non-capatalized words are way cooler...:D
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited January 2002
    Options
    is that house still standing? and does he sign each and every check,or does he stamp each one?

scott:cool:
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Options
    don't know about signing or stamping, but he wipes his **** with micah's before he recieve's it...

a little 'get back to work' incentive. must be working too, cause micah's presence is absent around here lately...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I'm tired. I have insomnia. I'm a tortured guy. Missed my freakin alarm this morning, rolled in late around 8:30. Trying to get the next newspaper rolling, do this thing; that thing, all sorts of things. Trying to leave the **** at a reasonable hour so's I can have some semblance of a "life." ("What is this LIFE you speak of?") Need more coffee, a donut and more hours in the day to attend to all your selfish needs.

Lower case is hip, cool, mod. Actually, the LOGO has always been lower cased. In print, tho, I think we'd always refer to the proper name of the company in caps as usual.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Micah
    Trying to leave the **** at a reasonable hour so's I can have some semblance of a "life."

MC

Heh heh, Micah said ****, heh heh.

I guess it is mod and cool. Maybe even hip!
    Thanks,
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D