Nub Install Questions

knight007
knight007 Posts: 18
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi all,

I finally got my DVD/MP3/CD/AM FM Tuner Receiver today and was wondering why there is only 1 RCA Connector for Subwoofer out. The rest come in pairs, 2x Front Out, 2x Rear Out. I checked the manual and there it also states only 1 RCA Subwoofer Out. Does that mean I have to use a Y connector? If so, would it deteriate the quality of the signal to my Mono Block amp? There is also 1 RCA Coaxial Out and to my knowledge, isn't that a TV Cable connector? Also there are 2 pairs of Video Out which I know connects to my LCD. But why only 1 RCA Subwoofer out? If anyone knows please let me know.
Post edited by knight007 on

Comments

• knight007
    edited June 2004
    OOps also I forgot to ask about Wires. Now I will be expecting the UPS guy early next week to deliver my "GOD POWER" HiFonics BX1500D and HiFonics ZX6400. Now should I use 4awg power and ground cables because thats what the Specs say it has connectors for. Or should I opt for thicker wiring? How about the speaker wires? Any suggestions please feel free to share. :D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    i dunno about your head unit...i guess you would use a y-splitter...id call whoever made it and ask though...
    as far as power wire goes...id do with 1/0awg or 2awg wire and run it to a fused distrobution block, then 4awg out from the block
    www.knukonceptz.com
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • knight007
    edited June 2004
    Thats what I was thinking of doing. Going with a 1/0 Distribution block with fuses and 4awg out. I'm still kind of confused about the headunit sub out.
  • Kschultz76
    Kschultz76 Posts: 59
    edited June 2004
    I'm sure you may already know this, but make sure you use good high quality RCA's. I made the mistake of using inexpensive ones originally and had to go back and replace them! Wound up using Stinger Expert series which are phenomal, got rid of the interference I had and increased SQ 200%.

BTW I have a Zeus ZX6400 amp and it is AWESOME, the sound quality and power output are killer, you won't be disappointed with that amp!

- Kevin
  • knight007
    edited June 2004
    Kschultz76...I heard alot of good things about HiFonics and I used them along time ago and they were decent amps. Thanks for the input on the ZX6400. What kind of speakers are you running from that amp? I am planning on running DB6500 components for front and DB650 coaxials for the rear with that amp. Then using a mono block HiFonics 1500BD for my ID Max 12" Ver.3.
  • Kschultz76
    Kschultz76 Posts: 59
    edited June 2004
    I'm running a set of Polk EXIII 6x9's in the rear deck and a set of Polk EXIII 5.25" comps in the front doors. I have a 12" Polk MOMO MM2124 sub in the rear which I'm going to get a Hifonics Zeus ZX4000 to run that sub soon, can't afford a monoblock.
  • knight007
    edited June 2004
    Thats sweet. I thought I couldn't afford a mono block amp either until I did some searching and finally got the best bargain from CarDomain which they did the 105% price match for me on my amps and sub.
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited June 2004
    OK.. well here's the deal on the single out for the subs. I would assume that it is a filtered output, meaning it is ONLY meant to drive the lower freq's and the lower freq's are Usually omnidirectional.. ie no left/right/front/back... So it is a MONO output. You should not need a splitter at all, as you are using a MONO block amplifier. It MAY have two rca's on it, but those simply electronically merge the two signals. Just plug one rca into it from your H/U's output and the gain knob will need to be set a little higher, and you will be set to go.
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.