Ming Da MC-88C tube integrated

dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
edited November 2022 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Ming Da MC-88C tube integrated amp. KT88 push pull integrated with 50wpc in ultralinear mode and 35wpc in Triode mode.
I bought this in 2005 when it was less than a year old and it has been in storage for the past 10 years. I pulled it out last week and fired it up and it works perfectly and sounds great.
Comes with 4 of the original Psvane Treasure KT-88's, 2 Psvane Treasure 12AU7's, 1 Psvane Treasure 12AX7 and 2 stock 12AU7's. This is the configuration that I have found sounds the best.
Will also include a quad of lightly used Electro-Harmonix 12AU7 gold pins, a quad of used Shuguang KT-88's, a brand new Mullard re-issue 12AX7, 2 more of the stock 12AU7's and 1 stock 12AX7.
The amp works great and is good cosmetic condition.
All point to point wiring with very high quality transformers and Rubycon capacitors.
It blew a tube once in the past which also took out the resistor meant to protect the tube along with the bias potentiometer. I installed new resistors of a higher value at each tube and a new potentiometer which is different looking but functions the same.
The power on LED is burned out but you know it's on by the glow of the tubes.
This is a killer amp at a stupid good price. There's one on Ebay now listed for over $1500 which is a little ridiculous but still....$500 shipped with upgraded and extra tubes this is a really good deal.
One caveat, in order to bias the power tubes you have to remove the bottom panel and use a multimeter across a resistor and adjust a potentiometer for each of the 4 power tubes. There is the potential for electrical shock if you don't know what you are doing!

wf6uyiahvyfx.jpg
o20a7lzjqn9z.jpg
h2ve7mujq8yi.jpg
fvl1xa7djg9t.jpg
e7y5ohi2i4iq.jpg
n8kjakcrxuqi.jpg
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    There is the potential for electrical shock if you don't know what you are doing!

Understatement of the year!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    SOLD! I sold this locally.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones