Audio rack for large vintage receivers

Options
Anyone know of a audio rack made with a shelf space that will hold large vintage
stereo receivers such as a Pioneer SX-1250? Needs a usable shelf space of at least 22+ inches and depth of 19+ supports 60 lbs. With my Sanus stand the receiver will only fit on top shelf, that's where i normally use the turntable. Have considered using a wood media tv stand, but too wide. thanks

SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.

Answers

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Salamander?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    I believe Adona will custom make whatever you want.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• newbie308
    Options
    Order some 80/20 extruded T-slot frame, and DIY whatever you want. Very stable and strong and you can add to it later if the need arises.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    The Salamander Synergy line seems to meet the requirements. I like them. Most people would want to put a vintage integrated amp up near the top of a rack or on a credenza type of piece of furniture which can make lesser racks unstable.

The shelves can hold up to 150 lbs and can be configured to fit different heights of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,036
    Options
    Another vote for bespoke/custom or DIY.

The couple of big pieces here, FWIW, sit on a credenza from Mrs. H's family.
    I am just glad that I wasn't the one responsible for gettin' that sucka up the stairs & into the hifi nook. ;)

12124446266_47ba40fe1f_b.jpg

This being said, if one is suitably enamored of the currently fashionable post-industrial urban loft kind of aesthetic, Rockler has some pretty cool work table hardware that could make a pretty nice hifi platform. :)

ju0byk88u9j6.png

zway89pmwk8w.png

https://www.rockler.com/shop?w=rock+steady

• vulcan
    vulcan Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice and suggestions. I may use a tv/media stand for now, if I can
    find something that's not too big.
    I want to move the turntable up top next to the receiver. I bought the SX-1250 last year on impulse at an estate sale and had it serviced with some new caps, mostly power board and filter caps were replaced. Just recently, it seems to be sounding a lot better.

me7g0hbfgy4u.jpg
    saf3gdm6azz3.jpg
    e0b4lmbkqwda.jpg
    4r6ssm60w1bq.jpg

SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.
  • StantonZ
    StantonZ Posts: 439
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I can recommend Pangea audio racks (got mine through Crutchfield). Construction is metal and wood; very sturdy. You can configure/add shelves up to a point. For example, I have an extra high bottom shelf for my turntable; all my "audio gear" fits (see sig). AVR sits on top with no issues.
    Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2); LG OLED77C2 4K TV
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk RC80i (Top Middle)
    Polk CS300 center channel
    Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
    Bedroom: Arylic Up2Stream AMPv3 driving Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets
  • newbie308
    Options
    I'd like a stereo rack that has the shelves on telescopic drawer glides that lock inplacewhen closed. That would make accessibility to plug in interconnects so much easier.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |