SDA SRS 2.3TL's

Options
Mike Reeter
Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
edited November 2022 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
All the wood has been stripped and refinished, new, very close to original cloth on both grills and side panels. Very clean and well taken care of, non smoker, no small children and no pets. Well, when we had a dog, she never played the Stereo. Only driven with quality electronics.

Rebuilt Crossovers on Gimpods Boards, Sonicaps/Mills Resistors, Jantzen Core Inductors. All new Internal Wiring with Supra Rondo tin plated copper, including a set of jumpers made of the same wire. All Driver Baskets damped with Dynamat Xtreme, Hurricane Nuts and Machined Screws. All Mid-Drivers, RDO-198 Tweeters and the Passive Radiator are in excellent condition. Upgraded Binding Posts, with Neutrik Speakon Connectors, etc. Interconnect included. Most all of the popular mods, these were going to be keepers for the rest of my time.

But, things change and we are moving into a different home (my final resting place) that will have a much narrower space for the Stereo, I feel the 3.1TL's will be a better fit.

You can come, set down and have a good listen and demo before buying. I'll assist the best I can in loading them up.

Located in Columbia, MO. 65201

Asking $2000. in other places, $1800. to established CP members. Send a pm if interested, thanks for looking.

ugbwokydt3xl.png

15add2ppm4s9.png

ff29i1k51hz7.png

iozdh4uuik0o.png

2uhnicymo630.png

65nmmmrqkbbl.png
gv9x3jnww9an.png

kvfuicciaplz.png

Comments

• michaeljhsda2
    Options
    Nice setup, GLWS!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    Dang I'm going to miss drooling over that sweet room you've got.
    GLWTS Mike.
  • Mike Reeter
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Dang I'm going to miss drooling over that sweet room you've got.
    GLWTS Mike.

I'm actually looking forward what I can do with the new room. It won't as rewarding as my current spot in size, but I think I can still achieve a good sounding place to hang out :)

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    I feel the 3.1TL's will be a better fit.

Who you kid’n? I heard you’re going down this rabbit hole . . .

5tqgs17na0jn.png

lol
    In all seriousness, excellent speakers with top notch upgrades. GLWTS 🎶 🎶
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Mike Reeter
    edited November 2022
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    I feel the 3.1TL's will be a better fit.

Who you kid’n? I heard you’re going down this rabbit hole . . .

5tqgs17na0jn.png

lol
    In all seriousness, excellent speakers with top notch upgrades. GLWTS 🎶 🎶

I have a friend who has a pair of 0/96's driven by an 8 wpc Tube Integrated that is nothing short of incredible...but unfortunately they are outta my league financially :/

And...the 0/96's don't have the scale that the SDA's can produce ;) Just sayin

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Awesome room treatments and set up’s. GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    It would be tough to give up that room..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    A bargain at twice the price...I'm serious.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mike Reeter
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    It would be tough to give up that room..

It's not going to be easy, but we are moving into our retirement home and have downsized considerably. The plus is we will be closer to family and friends, that's more important.

Someone will end up with a 'Statement' pair of Speakers.

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Agreed.

GREAT deal here!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    They are Beauts great deal GLWTS.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    Options
    Mike I still remember how back in 2012 you got me started out in this hobby with some high quality aftermarket interconnects for a nice price. You really helped me out early on in my journey and passed along some good deals. Thank you again for your generosity.

Good luck with the sale of your speakers! Guys, you won't find a better seller.
  • Mike Reeter
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Mike I still remember how back in 2012 you got me started out in this hobby with some high quality aftermarket interconnects for a nice price. You really helped me out early on in my journey and passed along some good deals. Thank you again for your generosity.

Good luck with the sale of your speakers! Guys, you won't find a better seller.

Thank you for the kind words Drew! I remember coming here in 2003 and being treated the same way by others on the Forum. I had never heard of SDA until then, I've been hooked ever since ;)

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,971
    Options
    I would be interested if you are moving to PA!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,077
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Mike, the word meticulous comes to my mind when I see all of your stuff.
    For some reason, I thought you lived in PA?

Good luck selling your treasures! I know the buyer will be beyond happy.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,475
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

I agree.
    I modded a set of these and love them. Can't beat the price. Go get them!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,173
    Options
    Beautiful speakers. I would love to get these but, as always seems to be the case when a nice pair of 2.3 TLs come up for sale, the problem is distance. I am in the Albany, NY, area. I just googled driving time from Albany to Columbia, MO. It is slightly over 16 hours. I currently have a nice pair of 2B TLs but have always wondered how much of an upgrade the 2.3 TLs would be over my 2B TLs. I have not heard the 2.3 TLs in person, but I know many here think very highly of them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    There is a weekend coming up... go get them. I can promise you they will never disappoint.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mike Reeter
    Options
    Mike, the word meticulous comes to my mind when I see all of your stuff.
    For some reason, I thought you lived in PA?

Good luck selling your treasures! I know the buyer will be beyond happy.

Road my motorcycle through the corner of PA this summer heading to Maine ;)

• Mike Reeter
    Options
    pglbook wrote: »
    Beautiful speakers. I would love to get these but, as always seems to be the case when a nice pair of 2.3 TLs come up for sale, the problem is distance. I am in the Albany, NY, area. I just googled driving time from Albany to Columbia, MO. It is slightly over 16 hours. I currently have a nice pair of 2B TLs but have always wondered how much of an upgrade the 2.3 TLs would be over my 2B TLs. I have not heard the 2.3 TLs in person, but I know many here think very highly of them.

If you decide to make the trip, we've got an extra bed and good food/drink on this end.

• pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,173
    edited November 2022
    Options

If you decide to make the trip, we've got an extra bed and good food/drink on this end.

Mike: Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, a 2,200 mile/33 hour round-trip is not an option for me. Perhaps we could meet in Cleveland?, lol. Good luck with the sale. Thanks again. All the best, Peter
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options

Mike: Perhaps we could meet in Cleveland?

Thanks again. All the best, Peter

Sounds like a plan... I approve! :*:*:*

Another option would be to resurrect the legendary Polkie express. There are a ton of guys up that way.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    Awesome looking pair of 2.3's! Whoever gets these will be set for life. GLWTS!

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    Mike we should talk. Would love to have them but not sure when I would be able to make the trip.

I’ll shoot you a PM with my info.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Mike Reeter
    Options
    Todd has decided to pass on these, so they are still up for sale. Would make a great Xmas Gift to ones self ;)
  • charley96
    Options
    I'm so full of lust right now and I'm only 5 hours away.
  • Mike Reeter
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    I'm so full of lust right now and I'm only 5 hours away.

I've got your speakers here, but I can't help you with the lust ;)

• charley96
    Options
    I bought a pristine pair of 2.3's on here from a guy in Ann Arbor about 10 years back but can't remember what his screen name was. I then sold them to SDA1C who used to be here.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,597
    Options
    If only you hadn’t talked me out of selling my 15s! 😂
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • charley96
    Options
    If only you hadn't sent me this link,I've been having mixed emotions over these damned speakers! :p
    Mike, didn't you own a Cronus Magnum at one time and did you ever power these speakers with it?
    If so, just curious what your impression was?! I still have my CM.