swapping out monitor tweeters for jbl 035ti ?

Options

for example, in a polk monitor 5B with stock crossover - is it 1.5khz ?

the jbl tweeter in 4408/4406 is designed for 2.5khz

would it be worth trying that tweeter in stock polk crossover? or would one want to use the jbl crossover?

any thoughts ?

thx

onrl6chj0ke3.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    The Polk RD0194-1 is the proper replacement tweeter for your speakers. Do not destroy them by attempting to install those completely wrong JBL tweeters.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,044
    Options
    polkguitar wrote: »
    any thoughts ?

thx
    [emphasis added]

oh, the humanity.
    :#

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,701
    Options
    You'll have a dead zone of missing frquencies.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,701
    Options
    You have the Wuhan option too.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • polkguitar
    Options
    xschop wrote: »

EVEN IF THE JBL CROSSOVERS ARE USED?
  • F1nut
    Options
    xschop wrote: »

EVEN IF THE JBL CROSSOVERS ARE USED?

Dude, all caps is rude.

Quit trying to do something that should never be done.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    "Worth trying" is very subjective. Only matters what you think of the end results. They are you speakers. If you wanna ruin them, go for it!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    I say go for it. I once bred a Great Dane with a Newfoundland (by accident) and they turned out pretty good! Other than the massive piles of dog crap all over my yard.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • polkguitar
    Options
    so sounds like if the jbl crossover is used. could be good.. WILL TRY IT. anyone who believes in MACROevolution between species, is offended by a stuck caps key, or has zero desire to venture off the Mainstream beaten in bath, are likely great contraindicators of what to do. Ill bet none of them have even heard the jbl tweeter to boot.
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    Options
    I can't imagine either mixed case being better than a set of RD0194 tweets with the Polk MW and crossover but without trying you'll never know.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited November 2022
    Options
    so sounds like if the jbl crossover is used. could be good.. WILL TRY IT. anyone who believes in MACROevolution between species, is offended by a stuck caps key, or has zero desire to venture off the Mainstream beaten in bath, are likely great contraindicators of what to do. Ill bet none of them have even heard the jbl tweeter to boot.

Your spelling is equal to your understanding of speaker design. Combined with your desire to completely ignore any attempt at giving you 100 percent proven and accurate advice, I think this should go quite well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Options
    so sounds like if the jbl crossover is used. could be good..

If that is what you got out of the replies, you are a seriously lost cause.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,577
    Options
    Well I've heard JBL titanium tweeters, very very bright tweeters.
    I've have several Just Be Loud speakers over the years. My home theater was 6 JBL HLS 610's

So do you plan on using some sort of plate to cover the existing hole or what?

I also love when folks come in to a dedicated Polk Speaker forum and ask about " what do you think" when they already had their minds made up in the first place. Then get allbutthurt when the folks say how it's not optimal.

Maybe next time find the butcher loud speakers forum and try this type if question there.