FS: Salamander Synergy rack, cherry wood, 6-shelf

Options
billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,213
edited October 2022 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I'm selling my Salamander Synergy rack. I think it is model S402 (cherry). Asking $200 for locals only (West Atlanta Metro).
AFAIK, this is still being produced by Salamander.
https://www.salamanderdesigns.com/av-cabinets/synergy-model-402/
It shows up at Audioadvisor with a price north of $900 and that is without the door or side panels.
I have had this 6 shelf (4 adjustable) shelf Salamander synergy rack for a very long time. I think I picked it up back in 2006? Anyway, I have not been using it since I moved in March and I don't think it will see use again in my new house. It is very solid as most Salamander products are. This one has the mesh front door and side panels. I think it originally had a back mesh panel, but that was gone before I bought it. I preferred the look with the front door removed and the side panels taken off, but if you have young kids, the panels can protect your gear. One of the shelves does not match exactly. It is painted black wood (probably OSB or plywood) instead of the smooth black veneer that the other 3 shelves have. This works well for a full 2-channel system in my opinion. I had a turntable on the top shelf, phono stage, CD changer, preamp, amp, and tuner all fitting in this cabinet.
Dimensions: 23.25 " W x 41 " H x 19.75 " D

peiytbs0zcs8.jpg
wd9qgrddj59o.jpg
r49mpkol4cne.jpg
yxbbsu2qm2vp.jpg
15vgmnha4j9p.jpg
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...

Comments

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 603
    Options
    Salamander makes some solid racks and at two hundred dollars this is a steal of a deal.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Great condition item for a little money. Plus you can replace front screen with used glass cut to that size or order it from Salamander. I love mine. GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    Stellar price for this. I’ve bought a few of these over the years and they are legit some of the best.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,964
    Options
    I have a very similar model and this is a great deal. My version has the vented sides and no front door….parts for this are available through EBay also. This could be the last rack you will ever buy, as was my case.
  • billbillw
    Options
    No interest so far. Price drop for Polk forum members to $150. Come and get it!
  • billbillw
    Options
    I forgot about this, but it sold locally a couple weeks ago.