Back in the vinyl game...

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,108
edited October 2022 in 2 Channel Audio
This afternoon, for the princely sum of a hundred bucks, I picked up a Pro-Ject P6.1 turntable. It fits perfectly inside my audio cabinet, and is protected from the prying fingers of my 1 year old and from potential flying objects that occasionally occur with kids in the room.

gvupzy4rkg40.jpeg

I still need a cartridge and phono stage, but I am in no rush...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

β€œWhen once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Nice..., my wife stated that the vinyl "stuff" was starting to add up. I looked right at her and said "well, you were the one who wanted to start this in the first place!" She got a kick out of that since with anything audio, budget permitting, I usually don't do things half-axx...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: Β»
    Nice..., my wife stated that the vinyl "stuff" was starting to add up. I looked right at her and said "well, you were the one who wanted to start this in the first place!" She got a kick out of that since with anything audio, budget permitting, I usually don't do things half-axx...

This table is a quantum leap backwards from where I was, but it will serve me best in the long run I think. The TriangleART is endgame, but just not practical for my situation anymore.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

β€œWhen once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    edited October 2022
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: Β»

Mrs. H occasionally taunts/chides me about the number of vinyls :# lurking around here.
    I've never had the intestinal fortitude to take a census, but I estimate fear the headcount's around 3k or so vinyls.
    Take out 101 Strings, Jim Neighbors, and Herb Alpert, though, and there are probably only a hunnert or so. :#B)

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,528
    Options
    congrats on the pickup.
    fixed it for ya.
    "I still need a cartridge and phono stage and some Rush..."
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,604
    Options
    Jim Neighbors

Well Doc your cool factor just plummeted to depths unknown to modern mankind.....

πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
  • SIHAB
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: Β»
    Jim Neighbors

Well Doc your cool factor just plummeted to depths unknown to modern mankind.....

The spelling is off.

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • SIHAB
    Options
    Jim Neighbors

The spelling is off.

Jim Neighbors
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Well it is highly obvious Doc's Phd was not in spelling.... :#:#
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    What are you looking for in a cartridge? I have a vintage Grado ZF3 that I'd be happy to donate to the cause. You just cover the shipping.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    PM sent... Thanks!

• mhardy6647
    Options
    I do have one or two of Jim's umm, let's say ... Gomer Pyle's albums.
    They just sort of... appeared here, somewhere along the line.

Heck, I know for a fact that there's a Jud Strunk album downstairs. But, hey, A Daisy a Day was a pretty good song. :#
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    Get yourself a MC cartridge and appropriate phono pre! You can thank me later!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    How about some Boxcar Willy?
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    PM sent... Thanks!
    Get yourself a MC cartridge and appropriate phono pre! You can thank me later!
    I have had some experience already… I know.

• nooshinjohn
    Options

I’m all in with Woopie John and the Six Fat Dutchmen.

• pitdogg2
    Options

My father had a few of his LP's
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    There might be one Slim Whitman LP downstairs.
    Not, however, more than one.
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    It's a good game.y2642k5mdzx7.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Later starboy!
    starmrio200 reported
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Jim Neighbors

He's at least twice as cool now. RIP entire Andy Griffith Show cast
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Jim Neighbors

Doc's cool....... cantankerous but sort of kinda a cool...... and horny I see in some of those posts 😜

P.S.
    Ron Howard "Opie" is still alive
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Jim Neighbors

Doc's cool....... cantankerous but sort of kinda a cool...... and horny I see in some of those posts 😜

P.S.
    Ron Howard "Opie" is still an as shole

Fixed.