Goldring E3 Moving Magnet Cartridge

Options
Keiko
Keiko Posts: 764
edited October 2022 in Electronics
Aloha, I'm Keiko and I'm a cartridge-holic!

Seriously. I am! In the past 6mos. I've ordered me 4 cartridges for my Technics SL-1210M5G. The latest, as mentioned in the title, the Goldring E3. Heard a lot of positive reviews on this one and when I found a dealer out of Denmark that could save me 86.00 off the regular etail price of 189.00 here in the States, I had to snag one.

Right out of the box this cartridge sounds pretty good. Punchy, detailed, yet warm. Much warmer than my regular flavor cartridge, the Dynavector 10x5 HOMC. I could easily live with this one, I think and getting it for only 103.00 + 5.00 shipping, I'm very pleased with it.

I've read really good reviews on Goldring cartridges and I'm already looking at some in the 1000 series.

Happy spinning,

M ;)

4vxioz9wcg2j.jpg
5619a51112vq.jpg
1lctx89es8tk.jpg

Comments

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Don’t hear much about Goldring cartridges these days. Thanks for the sonic impressions.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    I knew you were a spinner! :D Congrats!

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    I like Goldring carts
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    I like Goldring carts

Probably not the MM versions though.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • dromunds
    Options
    Yeah, actually I even have a 1012GX that I like
  • Keiko
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I like Goldring carts

Probably not the MM versions though.

Why not?
  • Keiko
    Options
    Been a couple weeks now and I'd say the E3 is just about broken in. I tell ya fellas, this little cartridge has impressed me quite a bit. To a point that I believe it can compete easily with my higher end moving coil cartridges. Keiko's diggin' it! :)
  • Keiko
    Options
    BTW, if anyone's interested in trying this little gem and wants to save some scratch in the process, here's the dealer/link I purchased mine from. Not affiliated with this etailer at all except that I've purchased from them a couple other times. Customer service is top shelf IMO and they ship fast. For example, when I ordered the E3, I had it delivered 6 days later, in Hawaii all the way from Denmark. Shipping cost was a measly 5 bucks. This one's a no brainer if you're in the market for a new cartridge or just want to check out a different flavor from what you have now.

https://www.dacapoaudio.com/4418-GL0058.html

Cheers!
  • Keiko
    Options
    Yeah, actually I even have a 1012GX that I like

I've gotten interested in that cartridge and the Goldring 1006. I'd like to hear your thoughts about it. I've been researching a bit on the Gyger II stylus that the 1012GX uses and trying to gather up more info before I decide on the 1012 or 1006. DaCapo Audio has some really decent prices on these compared to what they etail for here in the States.

Thanks!

https://www.dacapoaudio.com/58-goldring-cartridges

• dromunds
    Options
    I think I’m going to put the Goldring on my current table and compare it to other carts. The Goldring is currently on a wooden arm on a Thorens TD-160 and I haven’t used it for awhile. It’s a good cartridge and as you point out I also like the ability that it has to upgrade the stylus. But I’d like to put it up against some other carts head to head and get back to you.
  • Keiko
    Options
    I think I’m going to put the Goldring on my current table and compare it to other carts. The Goldring is currently on a wooden arm on a Thorens TD-160 and I haven’t used it for awhile. It’s a good cartridge and as you point out I also like the ability that it has to upgrade the stylus. But I’d like to put it up against some other carts head to head and get back to you.

Cool! Keep me posted. :)