Which sub would you recommend

Hi, I have RTI A7 towers and the CS A4 centre and now want to get a sub.
These are the ones I am looking at and there prices. My room size is about 1900 square feet. Is it really worth paying $250 more for the SVS?

SVS-PB1000 pro $1000.
SVS SB1000 pro $900.
Polk PW505 $900
Polk HTS12 $750
Klipsch R-120SW $750

Answers

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,468
    REL should be an option as well...
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 3,726
    Is this a market outside the USA? Prices for SVS are lower here. If it is outside the USA there may be better bargains.

• Don't sleep on Rythmik and Power Sound Audio
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 15,953
    What is your ultimate budget? One sub or two?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~~ I had found excellence until I heard an ANK DAC ~ ~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 23,849
    Another vote for the REL subs... the T-series is good stuff.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Arcam AVR21, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD Player.

In retirement...TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive,

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,765
    Since your room is larger than my house, I would say get two of whatever sub you're considering.
    Maybe even four. ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,429
    edited October 9
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: SVS SB2000

Working Warehouse;