Seismic Ball Bearing Isolators

xschop
xschop Posts: 3,170
edited September 27 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale is my spare set of custom ball and cup isolators.

Can isolate the heaviest speakers by 3-point self-leveling locations.

True 3" radius 7075 Billet aircraft alloy cups and 400 series stainless steele half inch precision ground bearings.
2.5" Diameter and only 1" tall when installed.

6 are PVA pad-backed for the floor and 6 will come with self adhesive 60mm 3M pads. (Still waiting on 4 pads to arrive)

These cleaned up the minute details in bass string instruments and midrange with even more definition than the standard floor footers on my RTA-8TLs.

$180 shipped US-48 ONLY.

35506s2vg1mu.jpg

kimd7smwjgkj.jpg

e1k8as4cudis.jpg

ff9gf4lvlyu5.jpg

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 26,249
    400 pounds? Asking for a friend

Those look great
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • xschop
    VR3 wrote: »
    400 pounds? Asking for a friend

Those look great

Yeah buddy...

https://tenor.com/bnEgo.gif
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    How are these isolating the speakers from the floor, more that spikes? There still seems to be more floor contact than spikes have. I am interested, but want to understand the isolation concept better.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 862
    Spikes don't isolate the speakers from the floor they couple it to the floor.
  • xschop
    edited October 1
    Invalid's point was valid and the main objective when I machined them.

The lower the resonant frequency of a vibration isolation device, the better the isolation. These having a 3" radius of curvature will have a lower resonant frequency than other designs.
    Post edited by xschop on
  • xschop
    I'm going to make smaller diameter ones but with same 3" radii to put under my amp and CD player..

Finally re-found this....

http://www.ingress-engineering.ca/