FS: Clearaudio Concept Turntable with MC Cart

Second owner of this Clearaudio Concept turntable with their MC cart, in silver and black. Price is $800 (plus shipping).

tzmsu0bxp0jo.jpg
t4ttyeypqj29.jpg

This is a belt-drive turntable. The tonearm bearing has a very interesting design, in that it is suspended in the air via magnets. The bottom portion of the pivot is tethered to the pillar with a thin cable, and the top portion does not make contact with anything, as magnets hold it in place...practically frictionless. Due to this design, it does require a solid rack that is not subject to footfalls, etc. Tonearm height is adjustable, in case a different cartridge is installed.

9eszf7jie0rl.jpg

The turntable feet are height-adjustable, with spikes on the bottom, which is a nice feature. Those will be removed and separately-packaged, for shipping.

This turntable does have three speeds: 33.3, 45, and 78, although I'm not sure if the included cartridge is really meant to play 78s. Speaking of the cartridge, this MC design sounds exceptional IMO, and sports a Boron cantilever with a Micro-Line stylus tip profile. Frankly, the price I'm asking is probably worth the cartridge alone, and I've actually had someone ask to only buy the cartridge. But, the turntable and cartridge are truly meant to be used together, so I committed to keep them that way. Just in case, though, overhang adjustments for other carts are easily handled via the hex screw on the 'headshell'.

030ny7tdq9d1.jpg

Again, I am the second owner of this setup, and although I can't verify with 100% certainty, I would estimate the total hours on the tip to be less than 500...probably much less, in reality. I have about 20 turntables, so I swap them out quite often, and have personally played only around 50 albums on this unit. The previous owner had a rather small vinyl collection (he actually gave me a few of his albums with the purchase), and he basically decided that he liked digital better, so he sort of 'gave up' on analog pretty quickly.

When I first purchased this deck, it surpassed all others I had at the time, so I set is aside in order to preserve the stylus, and simply put another unit into action. Of course, I still kept looking (and buying), and this deck eventually started gathering dust, and now I've decided it needs a better home, and more frequent usage.

In reality, I could probably live happily-ever-after with this turntable. But the fact is: I need to let some pieces go...and I have the original packaging for this guy, so he is now on the chopping block. Having said that, I should qualify that I have most of the original packaging - the most important bits - but rest assured, I have successfully shipped several turntables, and I have more-than-enough packing material to insure this one arrives safely.

Again, price is $800 (plus shipping) for Polkies with 100+ posts, and in good-standing. I also have a dust cover for this turntable, which will require separate shipping if a buyer is interested. The dustcover does have a small ding in it...thanks to wifey...but it is still quite acceptable.

Happy to post more pics if requested.

P.S. PayPal (F&F) or Venmo are desired for payment, but willing to consider other options for active community members.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    Where would you be shipping this from?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,124
    edited September 2022
    Nashville, TN...thanks for asking that question
    Zip Code 37221
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    maaaan, beautiful!
    Steal for this table, sheeze.
    I disabled signatures.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,187
    I’ll take it if still available.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,696
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I’ll take it if still available.

Good for you Paul. Jump in that Rabbit Hole! 😎
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • jdjohn
    Paul is first in line.
  • Let us know if you have a change of heart, @PSOVLSK . :smile:
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    I like the headshell design on this TT; looks like it takes the guesswork out of aligning a cartridge properly. Also excellent accessibility for screws to the cartridge.

Nice!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,187
    This will be no surprise to anyone, but the turntable and dustcover arrived today and both were immaculately packed. Double boxed…it would have taken PFB type effort to damage them.

In addition, shipping was fast and communication was great. I even got a few tips on unpacking and getting things setup.

Now it’s up to me get the setup part figured out.

Thanks again Jody for a great deal on a beautiful table.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • jdjohn
    Always a relief when things arrive safely. Thanks again for your purchase, Paul!