WTB: Short ICs

Rearranged my setup so that my amp is right below my AVR.

pu4xa1vaufl3.jpeg
jhgybf5rvazu.jpeg

I’ve been waiting until this happens before buying any more ICs.

Now that I’m done I’m looking for 2-3 .5m ICs. I could work with 1m but they are gonna be a bit longer than I’d like.

If you’ve got some spare ones let me know.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Imo, stick to 1m, if only for resale purposes
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3 wrote: »
    Imo, stick to 1m, if only for resale purposes

I’m hesitant given it’s already a mess of cables back there and I’m trying to clean it up lol….

I’ve already got three 3m HDMI cables I’m dealing with ignoring all the CL2 speaker wire for 2 surrounds and 2 subs lol…
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Any particular metallurgy?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Not sure of the budget or level of performance, but I have found all Pangea products to punch a bit higher than their weight so to speak.

I've had great luck with AA.

https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGICPMRR

https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGICCARR

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited September 2022
    That looks real nice Dan. No one will see, just park your OCD and do an I465 with zip ties. :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    What's an I465?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • SCompRacer
    I465 is the Interstate that circles around Indianapolis, Indiana. I thought Dan would appreciate the reference.... :)
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2022
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Any particular metallurgy?

Tom

Open to most, preference to Kimber to match my 8TC speaker wire
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Not sure of the budget or level of performance, but I have found all Pangea products to punch a bit higher than their weight so to speak.

I've had great luck with AA.

H9

I will take a look
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    I465 is the Interstate that circles around Indianapolis, Indiana. I thought Dan would appreciate the reference.... :)

Lol…

You forget my OCD knows no bounds!!a

I was looking at Doug’s stuff as an option. I liked Signal Cable but the RCAs had a death grip I’d prefer to avoid again lol. Was also looking at Kimber PBJ…
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited September 2022
    I'm pretty sure I have some of Doug's that I'm not currently using, but let me see how many and confirm the length. Might also have some generic cables I got from @zingo many years ago that are really good IMO, but they may be longer than you want.

Nice looking setup!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I have some of Doug's that I'm not currently using, but let me see how many and confirm the length. Might also have some generic cables I got from @zingo many years ago that are really good IMO, but they may be longer than you want.

Nice looking setup!

Thanks! Took me darn near the entire weekend to do with swapping the downstairs entertainment center upstairs and vice versa plus cable routing lol…

Got some 1.5 and 2 meter PS Audio AC-3 cables not to mention a bunch of CL2 fires speaker wire hidden at the rear lol….
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    It was worth the effort. That’s a great looking setup.

My cables are 2’.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • SCompRacer
    edited September 2022
    I attempted neatness back in 2015... I had shortened power cables and DIY IC's. Now I'm older and lazy, don't look back there. The white cables are gone now. That was some fancy LED shelf lighting thing.

8af8xx8iq24t.png
  • SCompRacer wrote: »
    I attempted neatness back in 2015... I had shortened power cables and DIY IC's. Now I'm older and lazy, don't look back there. The white cables are gone now. That was some fancy LED shelf lighting thing.

8af8xx8iq24t.png

Yup I remember that :smile:. I’m aware I can’t keep it as clean as I’d like but I’d at least like to try and keep my ICs clean.

Not gonna mess with the power cables (since trying to buy shorter ones would be cost prohibitive) or speaker cables since the Furez stuff is long by design so if needed I can pull more more into the walls or move my subs, and the Kimber TC is quite pricey lol.

I may screw with shorter HDMI cables but that and the ICs are about all I can cleanup lol.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I'm using the WBC ones I linked in a few different places across two systems and can assure you they have excellent audio quality. Definitely worth a try, you may just be surprised at their performance.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    I'm using the WBC ones I linked in a few different places across two systems and can assure you they have excellent audio quality. Definitely worth a try, you may just be surprised at their performance.

I will prob snap up a pair of those too just to play with as well as a pair of Kimber PBJ.

It never hurts to have some stuff in reserve.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    kimberkabledirect on ebay has discounted tonik and pbj currently available in .5m
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • vulcan
    vulcan Posts: 86
    I have some Audioquest Golden Gate .6m RCA i am wanting to sell for $40 plus shipping. lightly used,send pm if interested.

3pj56oxi6o0f.jpg
    cr2l9ks03b6z.jpg
    nyr4lcfgzjx6.jpg
    SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    @SCompRacer

That’s a tidy set up - one I can only dream about…

Merry Christmas!
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    kimberkabledirect on ebay has discounted tonik and pbj currently available in .5m

Yeah the PBJ are XLR and so is one of the two sets of TONIK…..

The other PBJ is tempting….
    vulcan wrote: »
    I have some Audioquest Golden Gate .6m RCA i am wanting to sell for $40 plus shipping. lightly used,send pm if interested.

3pj56oxi6o0f.jpg
    cr2l9ks03b6z.jpg
    nyr4lcfgzjx6.jpg

Thanks, may hit you up, gotta think on it.