New Sunfire Symphonic Reference in the house . Important question?

I bought a brand new sealed in the box Sunfire Symphonic Reference Load Variant High Fidelity Stereo Power Amplifier today at an estate sale. Hooked it up today to my garage rig to test it out. Very powerful strong sound signature. My question is this. Currently I have a Sunfire 5 x 400 amp powering my front SDA monsters and two of my LSiM702 surround speakers. I need a certain amp for the big SDA’s. A common ground amp. I am planning to use the Parasound for center LSiM706. The Sunfire 5x400, one channel was blown when I bought it. With the four LSiM 702 surrounds and use my brand new Sunfire 2 x 250 with my SDA’s. Are all Sunfire common ground amps?
As always. Thank you. D9etakpwby5vp.jpeg
a0tfgim8lhbx.jpeg
txy5ai0ra0c5.jpeg
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    It is common ground, but it is lacking for power to drive the SDA's with a sound you will enjoy. I had one and I could not move on from it fast enough.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    From the specs:

"250 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 0.5% THD

500 watts rms per channel into 4 ohms

Outrageously low -115 dB Noise

An enormous power source provides the ultimate muscle for limitless dynamics

Peak-to-peak current output capability is 80 amperes per channel

The amplifier can drive almost any load to any rationally usable current or voltage level."

250wpc into 8ohm and 500wpc into 4ohm isn't enough power?

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Not the power as much as the sound it produces. YMMV, but it was not my favorite amp.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson