Audio Advisor (Shout Out)

Options
I don't think I've ever ordered anything from them before. I ordered an extra shelf for a Salamander component stand with mounting hardware Wednesday morning. It was advertised as a "Demo". Free shipping on orders over $49. It shipped the same day and arrived in two days. It came in a Salamander box that appeared to have never been opened. The shelf and hardware appear to be new. A+

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    I have recently bought 5 power cables, 1 pr. speaker stands, 1 set larger top plates, and BlueSound Node 3 streamer all marked as demo's (reduced pricing) and they all seemed to be brand spanking new, with 100% full, unopened packing.

They are a superb seller and ship super fast.

A+ for sure

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Demo/refurb units are usually ways to bypass map pricing
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    Audio advisor is about 4 miles from my house
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    Today I received the weekly "sale" email from AA. I notice the Bluesound Node 3 I just bought 3 weeks ago is now $30 cheaper. I sent them an email and I kid you not within 15 minutes they credited my account for the difference plus tax.

That is SUPERIOR customer service....I will always look at AA first when buying audio. They've made a customer for life.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    They are a great company, always had good experiences with them.

They have every incentive to proactively credit clients in this type of situation, though, due to their return policy. It’s good to see them respond so quickly to comply!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    I got an email yesterday from Audio Advisor that their payment provider was hacked for more than a year and credit card numbers , expiration dates, and security codes were harvested. So if anyone has experienced fraudulent use of a credit card used with them that is a likely source of the problem.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I didn't get that email, I guess because I typically don't check the box during checkout for storing my card #.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I don't store numbers either. The email noted that malware was present on the Freestyle payment system from October 2020 until February 2022 and harvesting info. That's a long time to go undiscovered.

Cyber crooks usually sell stolen numbers and other info in batches to other crooks at a later date. I'd just recommend keeping an eye out for mystery charges for a while on any card used there. I did experience some attempted fraud on mine with someone trying to buy multiple Walmart gift cards but Chase snagged it before they went through and just sent me a new card.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Wow, ridiculous. Thanks for the heads up.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Usually buy from Audio Advisor or Hi Fi Heaven, spent a bunch of money at both places, highly recommended. To bad about those hacking bastages, seems there causing problems everywhere hope they catch them.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    Credit card was hacked last month with 4 fraudulent charges totaling about $2000.

I also received the email from AA regarding the data breach. I also never save my card info on sites.

Maybe related, maybe not.

I’ve bought “demo” speaker stands and a “demo” Salamander unit in the past year and both were like new. Also bought a phono pre that I ended up returning. The return process was very easy.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden