RTI12s, Rotel amps or change?

Ive had my rti 12s a few years now, they are hooked up to a pair of Rotel RB970 BX power amps and a RC972 pre amp. Although the sound is Good, I have never thought I was giving enough power. Views or reccomendations would be appreciated but budget is only about £750. Thanks

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Looks like 180wpc in bridged mode, which is never a good idea as the noise floor increases. In addition, Rotel power and Polk RTi12's is not a match made in heaven.

Anyway, why don't you think you have enough power?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I would say you aren't really lacking power, with 120 watts per speaker biamping or 180 watts in bridged mono mode, but more power is better with the RTi12s. I don't like running amps in bridged mode myself.

If you like the Rotel sound I'd look for a single higher powered amp on the used market in the UK. Gains may be marginal above what you already have in that price range.

Do you have a subwoofer? If not, money may be better spent on one of those.