Vanilla ?

Options
OleBoot
OleBoot Posts: 2,122
edited August 2022 in Technical/Setup
I don't know if this something that is happening in my alternative universe as I haven't seen any other posts about it. I came here this afternoon and posts showing as having new comments in bold did not go back to normal text and not showing an unread number after I read the posts and went back a page unless I did a hard refresh.

Even more odd is that the "Members Online" on the right of the page is currently showing 84 registered members when it usually never goes beyond 15-20.

Anybody else seeing this? I'm using Chrome.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Yes I seen the strange amount on online activity.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    Normal for Vanilla. If it isn't 5 or 6 issues, it's 10-20.

I would get involved in helping Polk fix the issues but it seems over the years that whenever they fix one thing, two more things go berserk. vBulletin (when Polk used it) had .05% of the issues and when they submitted a ticket? It got fixed. Buuuut vBulletin did not support links to FB, Instagram and the like. Management wants more exposure and they don't want to spend a lot of money doing it.

Bottom line is that we still have a forum. Count your blessings.

I just wish they would stop the silliness with deleting/omitting words like f a r t. That's just......that ain't Vanilla. That's just stupid. You can't say that....but flatulence is okay? As well as a plethora of other words that most people would consider way worse than....never mind. I'm wasting my typing skillz.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    I see all the weird stuff all the time on this forum and try just ignore it. It's Vanilla and it's not going to change. I like vBulletin but in my opinion Invision Community is the best forum software on the market right now. We've used it for a few years on this forum where I'm a moderator. It's a bigger forum than this one and the software easy to use by the members and easy to maintain for the moderators. I wish they would switch to it here.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    Right? I was like whoah? WTF?

o8antz2blt42.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    Options
    One thing I noticed? Out of "all" of the people online tonight? I wasn't even online.....even though I have been here and posting all night.

"It's a Vanilla thing"

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    You can see me in that screenshot but I wasn't there 15 minutes ago...

Tom
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Tom, that wasn't all. Just what would fit on one screen. I know you were on here brother. We don't need vanilla to validate.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    Options
    My apologies. What I am saying (and my timeline may be incorrect here) is that I was online, on this very forum and I noticed the anomaly. I was nowhere to be seen but I was here.

I hope that makes sense.

Personally, I could care less one way or the other. If it shows I'm on? Cool. If not? Still cool. No worries, mate.

Tom
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Normal for Vanilla. If it isn't 5 or 6 issues, it's 10-20.

I would get involved in helping Polk fix the issues but it seems over the years that whenever they fix one thing, two more things go berserk. vBulletin (when Polk used it) had .05% of the issues and when they submitted a ticket? It got fixed. Buuuut vBulletin did not support links to FB, Instagram and the like. Management wants more exposure and they don't want to spend a lot of money doing it.

Bottom line is that we still have a forum. Count your blessings.

I just wish they would stop the silliness with deleting/omitting words like f a r t. That's just......that ain't Vanilla. That's just stupid. You can't say that....but flatulence is okay? As well as a plethora of other words that most people would consider way worse than....never mind. I'm wasting my typing skillz.

Tom

Oh, I almost forgot, fellow babies. Booger!

zeii7ymakpte.png

I'd say Vanilla sucks, but it probably won't let me.
    :#
  • OleBoot
    Options
    Yes Vanilla sucks. OK, people are getting the huge user list, but is anybody else getting threads not marked as read until you do a hard refresh? For some reason I find this remarkably irritating.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Yes Vanilla sucks. OK, people are getting the huge user list, but is anybody else getting threads not marked as read until you do a hard refresh? For some reason I find this remarkably irritating.

What I notice is I read a thread and make a post and when I refresh there is one new post.....MINE.
    It's all screwed up again.
  • TennMan
    Options
    I don't see me in the big list of people online. Looks like the list is limited to 50 people and there just isn't room for me. :smiley:
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Looks like a problem with the system logging who's logged in, who's logged out, and who's actively on the forum. Defaulting to everybody's on but nobody's on in a loop. I don't think there have been that many people actively engaged on the Polk forum since drunken Friday evenings in the early 2000s.

:)
  • OleBoot
    Options
    TennMan wrote: »
    I don't see me in the big list of people online. Looks like the list is limited to 50 people and there just isn't room for me. :smiley:

Weirderer and weirderer, I'm seeing 122 people.
  • TennMan
    Options
    Now I just see me online and nobody else. Did everyone get banned but me? lol
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    On the Recent Discussions page the rogue's gallery is now up to 124.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    Options
    OK, people are getting the huge user list, but is anybody else getting threads not marked as read until you do a hard refresh?
    I’m experiencing the long active user list (except within threads). However, read threads 🧵 appear to revert to non-bold text normally.

This is using Safari on an iPad — desktop, not the mobile version.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,607
    Options
    Also it is now displaying an incorrect/erroneous number of views for threads:
    kaoyk0zvf5jr.png

GG Vanilla.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    TennMan wrote: »
    Now I just see me online and nobody else. Did everyone get banned but me? lol
    Nope -- it's just the Vanilla Rapture.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Great. You just made me imagine Vanilla Ice doing a cover of a Blondie song. Thanks, Mark.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Great. You just made me imagine Vanilla Ice doing a cover of a Blondie song. Thanks, Mark.

I knew someone would. :)

Actually, I posted it, and couldn't help but mis-read it as Vanilla Rupture -- which strikes me as sounding like one of those names in Ben & Jerry's ice cream Flavor Graveyard. :|

t19zmk6llu8t.png

• OleBoot
    Options
    As I sit here in my hospital chair 12 hours after having had back surgery (laminectomy on s3. 4 and 5), I find myself in awe of the modern practises and techniques that have transformed a pretty major surgery from a week in hospital to an overnight stay and home tomorrow.

I am also awestruck by the brilliance, insight and relevance of this thread as it has intricately meandered along its intertwined pathways. I do not put this down to the dilaudid and oxycodone cocktails

• audioluvr
    Options
    As I sit here in my hospital chair 12 hours after having had back surgery (laminectomy on s3. 4 and 5), I find myself in awe of the modern practises and techniques that have transformed a pretty major surgery from a week in hospital to an overnight stay and home tomorrow.

I am also awestruck by the brilliance, insight and relevance of this thread as it has intricately meandered along its intertwined pathways. I do not put this down to the dilaudid and oxycodone cocktails

Hope your recovery goes well. Dilaudid clearly makes you... Happy 😁
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• treitz3
    Options
    The "glitches" at this point are getting really annoying....

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Look at the bright side… 190 people are on the site right now.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Options
    ...and there is notifications of 13 new posts on threads that only have one new post.

Whooo-Hoooo!!!

Tom
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    Options
    😬 Verb’s new thread has had ONLY one view (obviously very unpopular) but 34 replies! 😱
    ulm26r0tilz8.jpeg

That’s MAGIC right there! Spooky! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Modern math
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Modern math
    I was going to go with the Grandfather Paradox unleashed by the Webb Telescope…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nex
    Nex Posts: 36
    Options