For Sale: Magnepan MG 3.6R

Options
I am going to downsize my big system, starting with these. I’ve had them since 2013 and they are in very good shape, probably 8 on a 10 scale. They have Hi Fi Tuning fuses, 3 sets of Analysis Plus jumpers and a couple extra sets of Mills resistors for tweeter attenuation. The long jumpers allow the external crossovers to be detached from the speakers. These are all included along with the tweeter protectors and a bag of stuff (resistors, chokes, brackets and pins for the crossovers, etc.) that came with them.

I’m asking for $2300, limited to Polkies in good standing. For this price, I’m willing to drive approximately 5 hours from Salem, Oregon to meet up with or deliver to you. Beyond that or if shipping is necessary, we’ll have to talk. PM me if you have questions or need more pictures.
y8gfaontzxu5.jpeg
pmahcgw3htrh.jpeg
tis41gpafogl.jpeg
xopsy4mjwdmm.jpeg

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Great speakers with extras there!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    This is a bona fide steal. Destination speaker at giveaway price.

If this was ANYWHERE east of the Mississippi....I'd bag them on general principle.

I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    This is a bona fide steal. Destination speaker at giveaway price.

If this was ANYWHERE east of the Mississippi....I'd bag them on general principle.

I feel the same way. Wish I was closer!
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    My man cave is only 10x17. I don't think these would work for me :^ /
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    edited August 2022
    Options
    They would work very well in a room with a depth of 17 feet but at least 12 feet width would be better. Magnepans don’t interact much when close to side walls so they would still work in a room 10 feet side. They usually are not spaced far apart.

FWIW the current 3.7i version is now up to $8K a pair.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    My man cave is only 10x17. I don't think these would work for me :^ /

Go for it... you will be fine!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Man! I need to get over there and audition these!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Don't forget your wallet. The Maggies are endgame for many, and the 3.6's are intoxicating.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,519
    Options
  • maxward
    Options
    Bump. Will be listing elsewhere by the weekend.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    GLWTS! They will certainly put a smile on someone's face for sure! 🎶🎶🎶
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • maxward
    Options
    One more bump. Polkie price now $2200. These are now listed elsewhere for more.
  • maxward
    Options
    Since I dropped the price elsewhere, I’m dropping it here, too. $2000.
  • maxward
    Options
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    Congrats!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • maxward
    Options
    Back for sale. The potential buyer was unable to come up with funds.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Damn flakes!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Well that sucks!
  • maxward
    Options
  • maxward
    Options
    One more bump. Now $1900 for Polkies. Also an addendum: since there hasn’t been much interest in the speakers alone, I’m putting everything needed to drive them, except sources, up for sale as a package.

Two Odyssey Khartago monoblocks with most factory upgrades and WBT binding posts.
    A Joule Electra LA 100 (mark I) preamp. Power supply caps have been replaced, extra tubes.
    A Jolida JD 9 phono preamp. Stock except for Mullard reissue tubes.

IMHO, these drive the Maggies wonderfully. $3900 for it all. Not yet interested in separating. No pics yet of the electronics. PM me if you’re seriously interested and I’ll get you some pictures.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    Wow. You are just giving that away. Such an awesome deal for an endgame (for most) system.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • maxward
    Options
    Maybe, but it is a package deal for now.
  • maxward
    Options
    Another bump. PM if you are interested in anything.
  • maxward
    Options
    Speakers have been sold elsewhere. The amps and preamp are temporarily of the market now, too.
  • LuisGuillermo
    Options
    New to forum: need to find a tech or shop whom would a rattle noise when volume goes high on a MG 3.6R,,,,thanks!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    New to forum: need to find a tech or shop whom would a rattle noise when volume goes high on a MG 3.6R,,,,thanks!

It is delaminating from the backing. You'll need to take the cover off and have a look. I've fixed this problem on other Maggies. You will use contact cement on both sides and let dry them stick back down to the backing.