Carver 350 monoblock amp test

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
edited August 2022 in 2 Channel Audio
In case anyone's interested, "Paulbottlehead" has had the opportunity to test a Bob Carver Corp. 350 monoblock amplifier.

https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/carver-350-monoblocks.9100/

vxbs4ac3ec5a.png

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I saw mine on Bob's scope... 383wpc @.79 distortion.
    Gonna call BS.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited August 2022
    maybe I missed it but it looks like (??) you only bench tested one amplifier (out of a pair of "monoblocks")?
    Excellent observation Mark.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    F1nut wrote: »
    maybe I missed it but it looks like (??) you only bench tested one amplifier (out of a pair of "monoblocks")?
    Excellent observation Mark.

I've asked him about that.
    He says he has access to the pair, so we'll see.
    There's no doubt that the OPT is substantially beefier than those in the "275", which is a good sign.