Best kit or product to clean stylus

Options
2»

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,417
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with just gently using a good quality stylus brush with or without a small drop of stylus cleaning fluid every now and then. I got an Onzow thing a long time ago mostly because of the novelty of it.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,927
    Options
    Anyone use this?

ENZYMATIC STYLUS CLEANING FORMULA

b2j6coqbmhiq.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,290
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    TL:DR - what was the end result of the Onzow controversy?
    Too long? Dude, those articles are very short, and mostly pictures. No real resolution...just lots of bickering and people challenging the findings. The visual evidence is pretty compelling IMO. The product is still made and sold, so nothing has really changed.

I read the articles when they were originally posted, the TL:DR was mostly just a joke expression. I was simply wondering what ever came of it and if a finite decision was reached on whether or not they are save/advisable to use.

Yeah, I think it's unresolved, ongoing, and/or no-one cares any more. ;)

As to @Clipdat @msg umm, whomever... :p -- I took it as mock rudeness. Lots of us do mock rudeness.
    It's a thing.
    Like me, for example.
    No.
    Check that.
    Mine's real rudeness.

Suck eggs, stylus dippers!

B)
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,485
    Options
    I use the Onzow pretty regularly. At the minimum after every listening session, frequently after every album. Now, I don't spin records daily, but I've never noticed a negative in use. Certainly much safer than my shakey hand with a stylus brush.