Comments

• ramm440
    ramm440 Posts: 92
    Options
    At least they are here local. Pin/blade but no cable
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options
    I sold a pair of 1C's that (at the time) were the most tricked out, upgraded and tweaked pair out there years ago for about $800. They were in better condition than these. I'd say about $450-5 bills.

With that said, been a while since I was in the market, so things may have drastically changed but it's not like these are rare or one of a kind speakers. FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ramm440
    Options
    He's asking 500, Im thinking 300-400 max
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    If the caps are nice I'd think $400 would be max but just depends on how bad you want them
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited August 2022
    Options
    What's it worth to not have to travel to buy 'em?

I got the bigger-brother to those (SDA SRS-2 pin/blade) for $650. But they were a 4000+ mile round-trip, moderated only by the fact that I was "only" 700 miles away (round-trip) on other business. Then I had to haul them 1900 miles home from there.

If the drivers are in decent condition, and the passive doesn't have holes in the surround...$500 or less seems reasonable especially since they're local.

Keep in mind that you'll be upgrading the tweeters and crossovers, and finding/making an interconnect cable/Dreadnaught.
  • ramm440
    Options
    Do the passives get holes in the surround from wear, age, climate of where they are owned?
    Would gently pressing the passives and the drivers not pumping out indicate a leak in the surrounds?
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,108
    Options
    I paid $400.00 for mine 12 years ago. Local, all stock, end caps were (are) painted black.
    Still a very nice sounding speaker.
  • aprazer402
    edited August 2022
    Options
    ramm440 wrote: »
    Do the passives get holes in the surround from wear, age, climate of where they are owned?
    Would gently pressing the passives and the drivers not pumping out indicate a leak in the surrounds?

A. Probably, or in the cabinet itself. You can test either way, press one or more of the four MW drivers above and see if the other MW and the passive moves, or you can just press the passive and see if the four MW's move.

There should definitely be some movement.
  • ramm440
    Options
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,482
    Options
    What I've learned here & my own experience. Press in & HOLD passive IN. The MW drivers will come out & should stay out 3-5 seconds... Any less means there could be a leak. Can be just loose screws or gaskets... I would suggest lightly pushing in on each MW & feel for any scratchiness as you lightly go in & out.
    Randy/Maine
  • ramm440
    Options
    Will check…as old as these are it may get me a better price
    Are original type or close to Aftermarket MW’s hard to find?
  • aprazer402
    edited August 2022
    Options
    An original used passive SW120 may be difficult to find. The MW drivers, original used MW6511 are also difficult to find, but ebay is your best source. The SDA drivers, MW6510 are more common and can usually be found on ebay. The SL2000 tweeters are everywhere, but many listeners replace them with the Polk replacement RD0-194 which is an improved tweeter without the 13khz spike of the SL2000.
  • ramm440
    Options
    I snoozed too long sold for 500
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,965
    Options
    Join the club….I had the gaul to ask a guy if we would take PayPal for a pair of 2Bs and he got all surly and pulled the ad.
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,176
    Options
    ramm440 wrote: »
    At least they are here local.
    Where are you located?

SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • polk_salad
    Options
    Hi ramm440. What are the chances the 1Cs you posted about are the ones that I bought Aug.5 in the Phoenix area? I stumbled on your post Aug.6 and finally decided to register to the forum to post on this. I have a few Monitor series and decided to delve into SDAs. So far so good on the 1Cs but I plan to change to RD0194s and then a crossover refresh. I have about 20 pairs of speakers so it's possible these rotate out and I can see if you're interested at that time.
  • ramm440
    Options
    I called Spencer and he said he just sold them. Prefer SDA 2Bs if you have a pair
  • ramm440
    Options
    Thanks, Sacramento is a little far but I emailed the seller anyway. Im guessing shipping would be about 200 to Phoenix. Price of gas ughhhh. Anyone knows of a pair closer please lmk
  • polk_salad
    Options
    I don't have 2Bs but I do have a set of 10As original owner and a set of 10 S2 I'd sell. 1Cs sound great and have interconnect but I don't think I want to use them in the location I had planned, so I think I'll probably sell the 1Cs. Also have a set of RD0194 new in box I could sell if you want them in some 2Bs.
  • polk_salad
    Options
    Make that RD0198s that if have NIB, not 94s
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    Transactions must be done in the Flea Market and you must have 100 posts to sell here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bubblehead
    Options
    I recently paid $400 for a very nice, unmodified pair of SDA-1Cs.
  • ramm440
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the deal you got. I see prices all over mostly over.