Bryston 7b st

DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,471
Local seller. Never been serviced and out of warranty. Good buy at 2k asking or pass? These would replace the Aragon 8008x3 I'm currently using for the front l/r. I'm tempted, but really like the Aragon. Just looking to change things up since I've had the Aragon for so long.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I'd keep the Aragon but buy the Bryston. IIRC those have what a 20yr warranty? Seems a good deal at $1500 in my eyes.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Tough question, as for value...$2k good price, could offer $1800 cash in hand

https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Bryston+7b+st

Click on sold items
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,712
    I didn't like the sonics, too clean if you know what I mean.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Thanks for the input. I think this would be a change for the sake of change purchase and probably a lateral move. Though public opinion would likely rate the Brystons higher than my Aragon.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    I would think the Aragon would have a more robust power supply than the bryston.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I know my Aragon 8008bb is not leaving my stable anytime soon.