FS: Danish* bookies

*Made in China

This exact pair I purchased here: https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649815658-buchardt-s400-w-se-crossover-upgrade/

Looking to get back what I got them for so asking $1,900 shipped PP F&F or Venmo. Photos available, PM me if you are interested in purchasing. Thanks.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Oh, the screw shown missing here has been replaced with a factory OEM replacement ;)
    qou6zl97cw3d.png

• Clipdat
    @butterbean does this mean you are interested in buying?
    vk7sodfc8aoc.png
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    I love Danishes. GLWTS!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Those look very special Drew. :pB)

glwts.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    edited July 2022
    Here's a photo of the crossovers that are inside:
    7lgd60j5b4eu.png
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    High end parts for a production speaker!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Bummed about zero interest in these.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    They are expensive to most of us for sure. IF I had a perfect ( you know, clean and spacious or just CLEAN room, I'd be inclined since I'm retired and could afford them. It would have to be behind my wife's back of course. :D

I'd bet a lot of money that if you put them up for a karma, you have 50 members interested in them if not more.

We are out of that Covid scare for the most part and people can and are spending more again. Maybe post them on some other high-end sites.

I looked a little at some speakers and stuff and A LOT of what was for sale was where you are, :o California. The state from top to bottom has some great deals again. Like yours is.

Great stereo stuff at great prices. High-end maybe BUT like your speakers, they ARE within reach compared to MSRP when new. :)

Good luck again Drew. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Gotta say, I think a lot of people are feeling the pain of inflation still.

Great speakers, no doubt; but that is some bank for many.

Wouldn’t interpret it as no interest.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Clipdat
    I would be willing to drop to $1,700 but then buyer pays shipping.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    This is dangerously close to a new pair of KEF LS50 Metas. How would you concisely compare/contrast them?
  • Clipdat
    More refinement in the treble, deeper more taught bass due to the PR vs port, a little smoother. But these are nitpicking.

Overall their performance is similar now that you mention it, with the edge going to the Buchardts. They're just more musically cohesive and involving somehow.

But, I did really like the Metas as well. I think I just like everything and like trying different speakers haha. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with the Buchardts, and all the praise they've gotten literally everywhere is spot on. Especially this version with the upgraded crossovers.
  • maxward
  • Clipdat
    The S400 has more cabinet resonance, almost like they wanted these little shoeboxes to contribute some of their own flavor to the sound. Whereas the LS50 Meta cabinets are completely inert and don't color the sound at all.

So I guess that's what I meant by the S400 being more musically cohesive. They aren't as "accurate", but they can be more fun to listen to.

Of course I'm also a freak of nature who actually enjoys listening to music through studio monitors, so I liked the LS50 Meta's presentation as well.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I think f1 did a writeup and also liked this SE version over the original version.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • maxward
    What Drew Is selling is the standard version with the updated crossover, not the SE version that @F1nut heard (and liked). Those have been sold out for some time. From the Buchardt website:

What has changed on the Signature Edition?

✓ Improved Crossover: The Signature is equipped with a high-end crossover made by the Danish Jantzen Audio team. We use Superior Caps for the tweeter network and Cross Caps for the woofer network. All inductors are baked air coils for low distortion. Resistors are Superres 1% tolerance.

✓ HDF cabinet construction for improved stiffness.

✓ Internal Silver wires with teflon isolation.

✓ Argento Audio 5 way binding post - Iron free construction - Custom-made brass locking handle.

✓ Custom Terminal plate made from solid brass.

✓ Lifetime warranty!

✓ Made in Denmark!
  • Clipdat
    Correct, thanks for that important distinction. These have the upgraded crossovers and internal wiring, but not the HDF cabinets or upgraded binding posts. Also as mentioned, made in China and not Denmark.
  • erniejade
    Sorry about that. I saw SE Crossover Upgrade and thought it was the same.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • maxward
    It would be interesting to hear a comparison between this upgraded version and the SE. Probably a moot point since it is unlikely that the SE will be available again for the mk 1 version.
  • Clipdat
    You know what would also be interesting? If someone bought these.
  • Clipdat
    September bump.
  • Clipdat
    Bump and price drop to $1,700 shipped.
  • erniejade
    I am surprised they are still here. Big sound and can fill a room for not a ton of $.
  • Clipdat
    Final price drop to $1,600 shipped.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    erniejade wrote: »
    I am surprised they are still here. Big sound and can fill a room for not a ton of $.

This is no joke ...

In total transparency, I’ve got the SE and not the version advertised. Albeit, very similar.

This is an excellent bookie for the dough.

This speaker really should not be considered a book shelf, bc the sound stage and space they fill is impressive . . . and sounds GOOD!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    Would do $1,500 plus actual shipping.

Also open to trades for other bookshelf speakers, let me know what you got!
  • Clipdat
    Just got these all boxed up in their factory double box, ready for their new owner. Complete with unused grilles and all accessories.

Earlier I took a look at the paper invoice for the speakers and the factory upgraded crossovers from the original owner I purchased them from. I see now that they were actually sold by Buchardt as “B-Stock”, which you wouldn’t know by looking as they are absolutely stunning.

Anyway, if you are interested PM me soon because I’m getting a quote from TMR this week for these. Would much rather have them go to a valued member who will put them to use vs TMR. 3x$500 once a month payment plan available for trustworthy individuals.