Pangea AC9 MKII power cable 1M - Mint

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,092
edited July 2022 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I bought this about a month ago, slightly used. I just can't make it work in my system. My layout and outlet are just way too cramped to use this. It's about as thick as a standard garden hose.

It's 1M and somewhat flexible, not as stiff as the original AC9. I have no space behind my low boy style rack that is almost flush against the wall. All that space is taken up by all my MIT Shotgun cables and their network boxes.

I will have to move down to a smaller diameter and slightly longer power cable to make it work in my specific layout.

Here's a link to the in depth description and construction. Hand built and very well made. Retail is $170

https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1PGAC92&variation=1

$115 plus $25 shipping/insurance. Paypal friends and family or a check if I know you.

1yo51qog22kx.jpg
2kn2n823k39p.jpg
4c70sw9t99nh.jpg
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!

Comments

• heiney9
    Options
    ***Sunday Bump***
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    Options
    TTT
  • heiney9
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Great cable, just not ideal for the location of my rack and gear.

I feel my price is fair, but I'll drop it to $120 shipped and insured. P/P friends and family or mail me a check if I know you.

H9
  • heiney9
    Options
    **bump**

It's probably going to cost around $20 to ship it, so $100 for a kick **** power cable is a good deal. The demo's selling at Audio Advisor are $153 and new retail is $170.

This is in like new condition.

H9
  • heiney9
    Options
    TTT

$120 shipped
  • heiney9
    Options
    ***Monday Morning Bump***

$100 - shipped.

H9
  • newbie308
    Options
    Would this be better than the MIT cables I purchased from you, or a parallel move? I was thinking that this would look great plugged into the Threshold Stasis 2.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • heiney9
    Options
    It would certainly match the "manliness" of the Threshold. I think it would be a step up. Just be aware this will have some level of flexibility, but not so much at the ends or any sharp bends. I didn't own this at the time you bought the other ones.

If I could use it, it would stay but where my wall plug is and where my amp has to be, it's just won't work. And I can't really rearrange anything that would make a big difference.

H9
  • newbie308
    Options
    Can you give me a guestimate on the minimum bend radius on the amplifier end?
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • heiney9
    Options
    Are you talking about at the connector?

H9
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,400
    Options
    I believe what he's asking is this. If you were to plug the PC into an amplifier and start to bend the cable in one direction, how far out does it go before the PC makes a full 90 degree turn (bend radius).

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • heiney9
    Options
    I'll do some experimenting tonight and report back tonight.

H9
  • newbie308
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I believe what he's asking is this. If you were to plug the PC into an amplifier and start to bend the cable in one direction, how far out does it go before the PC makes a full 90 degree turn (bend radius).

Tom

Yes! Thank you for clarifying that with a very concise description of what I'm looking for. The rear of the amplifier is adjacent to a wall and I need to know how far I'd have to move it away from the wall to utilize this cord.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,670
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @newbie308

Was reading thru this thread and just happened to have a AC-9 on the floor of my office. Looks like it needs about 8" to make the 90. Kinda tough to take the picture and bend the cable in a 90. You might be able to make it happen a little less than 8" but starting to get really tight.

es2mp1in01zu.jpg
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,625
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Keep in mind that bending like that "could" create undue stress at the IEC or plug connection point.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • newbie308
    Options
    I will experiment this evening with the possibility of turning the amp 90 degrees CCW relative to the wall. If I can do that I will purchase the power cord from you. If not I will have to pass. Thank you!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited September 2022
    Options
    If I may throw my .02 in, another thing to keep in mind is that even if you can bend the cord, it will still "want" to try to straighten itself out, at least to a point. I would say 8" is minimum before starting any type of bending (without putting strain on the IEC or your gear, as @pitdogg2 alluded to).

That said, it is an extremely good PC, and I have considered buying it even though I have no use for it at the moment...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • heiney9
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the details. In my case I'd need to bend bothe ends with the rear edge of the shelf slightly above the outlet. Very difficult for my use as I didn't think it through before purchase. I ended up buying a Pangea AC 14 SE MK II. No other manufacturers thick power cable would have worked eother. I may lose my Man card over it, but the less hunky cable is all I can use :D
  • newbie308
    Options
    H9,
    I finally checked on repositioning the amplifier and it will work! Consider this power cord sold.

Dan
  • heiney9
    Options
    $old*
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    I have to admit that I am or was a hard core skeptic when it comes to power cables. I'm an engineer, and my background says, "3 feet of cord between a component and an outlet can't affect what you hear", but I'll be darned if I don't hear more bass than I did with the old power cord. WTF? It's not just more, but it's cleaner, too... I don't understand why or how, but I'm definitely happy with my purchase. Thank you H9!
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,291
    Options
    Your equipment draws the current, so it makes sense, think of it as the beginning instead of the end.
  • heiney9
    Options
    Like I said before I wasn't thrilled to let this go, but just couldn't make it work in the location of my rig. Glad you took the plunge and were willing to give it a chance and are enjoying it.

"Everything Matters"

H9
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,400
    Options
    Now you know what you didn't know before but now know and will never forget. You know? One never knows what they don't know, until they know what they didn't know before.

Welcome to the club.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    Options
    Now you just need to find more of them!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,493
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    @newbie308

Was reading thru this thread and just happened to have a AC-9 on the floor of my office. Looks like it needs about 8" to make the 90. Kinda tough to take the picture and bend the cable in a 90. You might be able to make it happen a little less than 8" but starting to get really tight.
    7350nvhf178o.png
    Todd what happened to your foot?!?
    At least you still seem to have good control and articulation of your toes.

I disabled signatures.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,670
    edited October 2022
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Todd what happened to your foot?!?
    At least you still seem to have good control and articulation of your toes.

@msg - ugh..that would be a hand and not a foot. :D
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,493
    Options
    Lol, I know, just messin' :D
    Everyone knows all foot photos here either feature Holy Socks or toenails you can climb trees with!
    I disabled signatures.