Hope Twitter prevails over Elon Musk

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
Although I don’t know Elon Musk, and I love what SpaceX is doing, for some reason Elon Musk annoys me. Oh well, I’m sure I would annoy him. I guess Twitter’s management wants Musk’s money so they can retire. Good luck to them.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/tech/elon-musk-twitter-deal-exit/index.html

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    What's Twitter?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    The thing in between LOL and Facebook.

:#
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    I think Musk is a market manipulator no doubt, but his query on regards to what percentage of users are bots is legit and most likely way higher than the 5% Twitter says
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm getting tired of rich people, their drama, and politics and politicians.

They don't even live on the same planet as us.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Twitter is like that used up **** jezebel no one wants to be associated with.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    I think Musk will end up getting it for a lot less than the original offer and rightfully so.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    Twitter needs a good shakeup. I'M not a Musk fan but
    he's about the only person who can do it.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The only think Musk did was expose Twitter for the twits they really are. Nearly half of their network is a bot or those with multiple accounts.

Which affects the value. So who is scamming who here. All the hoopla about fake news in recent years, when a social media company is far too fake and it's done on purpose.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • xschop
    edited July 2022
    Options
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    If he made an Elon Musk cologne I'd try it...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    Why would you want Twitter to prevail?
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Twitter has quite a case against Musk.
    Musk & the SEC have a much larger, more significant case against Twitter. So much so if he backs out, Twitter could go under….

…no loss to humanity

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    Musk & the SEC have a much larger, more significant case against Twitter. So much so if he backs out, Twitter could go under….

…no loss to humanity

I guess everyone still on twitter when it craters will get a lifetime ban...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,261
    Options
    That is a thing of beauty. 🤗
    Sal Palooza
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    anonymouse wrote: »
    But Musk also has an incredible track record of breaking the law and getting off with little damage. He has been violating SEC rules for years with impunity.

Hmmm, sort of like certain members of Congress.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited July 2022
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Musk has done a significant public service here. Either he will take over Twitter and re-establish free speech, or Twitter will collapse and fold under the weight of their own fraud and manipulation. I think this whole thing has been a chess game, and Musk has just announced “Mate in three”…

Wow, you called it.

a5vzcbw2jqcm.jpg

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    I wish this deal would just die and go away. Let Twitter continue to become less relevant and run it's natural course.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    Let Twitter continue to become less relevant and run it's natural course.
    They said the same thing about Friendster... Who's laughing now, my friend? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!?

crap.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    edited July 2022
    Options
    WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!?
    Me.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    edited October 2022
    Options
    https://www.npr.org/2022/10/04/1126752359/elon-musk-twitter-trading-stops
    Elon Musk now wants to go through with his original offer to buy Twitter for the previously agreed upon price.

The legal team for the billionaire Tesla CEO sent a letter to Twitter Monday, which could put an end to the knock-down, drag-out legal fight over the merger that he tried to abandon in July.

The news, first reported by Bloomberg, sent shares of the struggling social media company soaring before the Nasdaq halted trading for a few hours. Twitter stock ended the day up 22%.

Musk agreed in April to buy Twitter for $54.20 per share, or about $44 billion, but then tried to back out of the deal after the company's value sank, along with other tech stocks and the broader market.

Twitter sued to force Musk to abide by the deal. A trial is scheduled to begin in less than two weeks. It's now up to the company to accept Musk's renewed offer or force the billionaire to go to court in an effort to seal the deal...
    Oh, that Elon. :p

• xschop
    Options
    Wonder what the Ukranian ambassador would say lol.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.